Axon 7 capacitive buttons not working

Hello Folks,

I recently did an advance exchange for my broken Axon 7. I have the replacement device with SKU:  A7G332. My old device sku was A7G333.

In the new device the capacitive buttons is not working, however there is a navigation bar on the bottom of screen which I can use. I would like to switch to capacitive button.

Also I was wondering why the replacement device I got has different SKU number.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Answers

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, adding ​ on to see what he can do to help.  Thanks!

• EXACT issue here! Please help?

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you running into the same issue with the sku number being different as well?

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Your device looks like one the following images. ( PLEASE Don't pay attention to the color ) , we are just trying to find out something.

just pick either 1 or 2. and can you tell us what Model # is in the back of the Device. Thanks

1-

zte_a7g331_axon_7_64gb_smartphone_1257204.jpg

2-

zte-axon-7-1.jpg

• Both! That is the problem. It has the bottons at the bottom but they do not work and then it also has the on screen buttons.

​ ,

That's indeed a weird behaviour having captive key and on-screen keys, but Would you guys going to : Settings > About Phone  ,swipe all the way down and take a screenshot posted please, thanks

• snadeemsnadeem Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

jenbrown11 is correct, the device with sku A7G332 has both capacitive and on-screen keys. On-screen keys work however capacitive button is not working. I tried to contact customer service multiple times, but they have no clue about this problem. They kept on suggesting that only thing that they can do is to replace the device. Hence I am now in process of another advance exchange, hoping that this time they will send a device which has undergone proper testing before shipment.

• I am having the EXACT same problem, with the EXACT same SKU numbers. Am in the process of going back and forth and it's looking like I'll have to do a second exchange as well from what they are saying. Odd that this same thing is happening over and over.....

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Both devices show they are A2017U model ?

• I have looked all over for a setting for this. None that I can find. Customer support seems to be stumped. Hopefully they can find a setting or will need to do another exchange.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ sorry for the confusion but I thought you had on screen key ? Why is it that in the screenshot they are missing ? Also I would recommend updating the phone to Android Nougat as maybe that will resolve the issue

• The on screen keys are just hidden. You can swipe up to get them back or press the down arrow to hide them. I already installed all available updates. How would I upgrade to Android nougat?

• Yes that is what I did. There was one update that I already installed. Now it says I am up to date and there are no more updates.

Boot to Recovery and wipe Cache ONLY,  boot to system and try again.

P.S. to boot to recovery restart your device and Hold & Press Volume up &Power for 10 sec.

DON'T WIPE DATA.

Installing Nougat didn't help in this case. I think the problem inherent to the device.

Screenshot_2017-02-24-11-58-05.jpg

​, ​ Have you guys figured out the problem? I did another advance exchange. It seems like the second device I got is also defective It has same sku A7G332 but different problem

• I had to do another exchange. The new one I got seems to be good so far.

• I just did an exchange for my broken ZTE Axon 7 and have the issue with non working capacitive buttons. Is there a solution? I do NOT have a second set of these buttons in my display area. My old one worked wonderfully. This is SKU87G333. It looks like the first picture above.

• Bump.

My wife has the exact same problem. She sent her phone in for exchange, they sent her back a phone with the sku number you listed, on screen buttons, and unresponsive capacitive buttons. It bugs the heck out of me even though it's a small detail. Buttons hovering over the same buttons, taking up screen space... Anyway. Please fix this ZTE.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, you may need to get involved here.  Looks like some folks are getting devices with on screen buttons, and capacitive buttons not working.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

Community Members, please tag me in your post w/ if you need assistance.

I will follow you on the Community so that you may send me a DM.

• FriendofSonicFriendofSonic United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2018 12:00AM

@sshasan So yeah... this thread is old, I know. But I ran into the SAME exact issue just now. My replacement phone from the warranty is missing the capacitive outline of the buttons, is the slightly different SKU number(A7G332 as opposed to my old A7G333), and the buttons, even if I pretend they are there, don't work. What the heck??

• martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 80 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whne I sent my phone in for repair this is what was told to me on the conversation online. I havent received my phone back to see what i have - it will be brought to me by a friend in 2 weeks from Florida to Brazil

• FriendofSonicFriendofSonic United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2018 1:16PM

@martinbowls said:
    Whne I sent my phone in for repair this is what was told to me on the conversation online. I havent received my phone back to see what i have - it will be brought to me by a friend in 2 weeks from Florida to Brazil

This is interesting info, thank you for posting it. If they're absolutely all out of phones with capacitive buttons, I'll live with it for another year or two and upgrade my phone. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I'm not even sure if it's an option to ask for my original phone to be repaired and sent back. Probably not.