Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

ZTE Spro 2 Needs Updates Badly

ZTE, you need to support  your hardware by updating the software.

The ZTE Spro 2 is running KitKat 4.4.4 which was released October 31, 2013 and is no longer supported by google.

KitKat was replaced by Lollipop November 2014, many of the newer android apps won't install or run on it (you've killed this hardware if you don't update).

The ZTE Spro 2 remote software was last updated to version 1.14 on October 19, 2015, many of the newer phones and devices can't communicate with the Spro 2 making this software useless.

I just bought my Spro 2 and the hardware is absolutely amazing, I hope you folks will seriously update the software to match. Your customers are paying nearly $500.00 for this device and the lack of development is very indicative as to how ZTE will support their line of cellphones (I absolutely would not purchase a ZTE phone knowing that the software will never be updated).

Thanks,

Wahapainan

Comments

• I completely agree. This is my first ZTE device which I bought solely for what it is and have been impressed with the hardware. The lack of software support keeps me concerned about how other ZTE products are supported through the life of the device. A update to the software would definitely refresh this product and add some added value with software support.

• yes please update to marshmallow , knowing snapdragon 800 is not supported with nougat (qualcom have decided not to support 800 series with nougat) so hoping for marshmallow or at least lollipop

• Considering the Spro Plus looks to have been cancelled, I don't think they're bothering with any updates.

It's such a great device. I'm sad to see it become obsolete.

• Ok. This is rediculous. Please update this archaic software. .I can't even use 5.1 sound without hissing..Seriously, you are only as strong as your weakest link..