Do we have any information about the Axon 7's included earphones?

mossy375mossy375 ShanghaiPosts: 73

As we all know by now, audio is something ZTE is pushing strongly. The Axon 7 has my audio wizardry than you could hope for. Therefore, you'd expect that the earphones included with the phone will be capable of showing this off.

Most phone companies that include earphones try to save some costs and include pretty substandard equipment, but it doesn't seem like ZTE will/can go this route.

So, do we have any information about these earphones?

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Probably just standard earphones like most. I assume there will be premium versions as an accessory available soon though. Not much details about the included earphones.

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

The MobileGeeks guy said he thinks they sound better than Xiaomi's headphones. Assuming he's referring to the Piston 3s (which I have), that's a significant achievement.

The only thing I kind of dislike with the design is the earPod shape. I find that really uncomfortable sometimes, especially because of the hard plastic bud.

• mossy375mossy375 ShanghaiPosts: 73

Ah, I was hoping that they would be better quality than usual, as you can't really show off the audio chips with standard earpieces!

Xiaomi has too many headphones. Who knows which one is he is comparing to... But yeah, I don't really like the earpod design. Would have preferred in-ear style.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. The soft rubber is much better for my ears.

Oh ok, that's great! I had the piston 3s before so I know the sound quality! If the earphones are better than those then it's great news! I was thinking that if they're bad I will just use my Xiaomi "Iron Ring" earphones, but these will probably be a match sound wise!

• ddrakeddrake Alpharetta, GAPosts: 318 ✭✭✭

As long as they stay in my ear, it will be a step up from most that come included.  I struggle with most earbuds.

Yeah, the ones included with iPhones are repelled from my ears....

• cavanaughtimcavanaughtim Wisconsin, USAPosts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If earphones contribute even marginally to the cost of the phone, I would rather they be sold separately and the phone be that much less expensive.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,303 admin

​ I feel your pain!!  I must have messed up ears or something.  No matter brand or style they always fall out..

For in-ear earphones, have any of you tried comply foam tips (not compaitble with all earphones)? I love the foam tips as it tends to stay in my ear a little bit better, but that's for sitting down and not moving too much. If you move around a lot (e.g. exercise), it'll probably fall out still

• ddrakeddrake Alpharetta, GAPosts: 318 ✭✭✭

The Shure earbuds I have come with 3 types of foam ends.  I always have to use the smallest.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Me too.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Add me to the list.  Silicon is the way to go.  Don't like the Ipod style plastic.

• davedave Ingolstadt, GermanyPosts: 84

Well, that guy is easy to impress

Not saying he's lying or anything else but I would wait until the reviews drop and not base my mind on the statement of one guy.

• rikkkurdrikkkurd United statesPosts: 318 ✭✭

according to this hands-on the standard earpieces are very good!

ZTE Axon 7 Unboxing and detailed Hands On Test - YouTube

• alanquestalanquest KenyaPosts: 106 ✭✭✭

I've had all xiaomi earphones and if this stock earphones are better than them then that's a huge step up but yea from the look they look like they won't be the most comfortable of iems.But I see where they are coming from in that the phone is audio centric hence they need to differentiate themselves by focusing more on the audio side of the phone.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hope they are half way decent quality in both sound and build.
    As for falling out of your ears, many of those type or earphones do have replaceable covers that vary is size
    so that they fit different size ear conchs.

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

Doesn't look like these have replaceable tips

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,395 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

They look awesome