Camera Software Feature Request

vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. With Camera2 API, Android has become a powerhouse for taking high quality photos and videos. Camera2 enables manual controls, RAW, and more. While stock camera apps have vastly improved their photo abilities and controls, the advancements in the video side have been much smaller.

An app called Cinema 4k enables very high bitrate video recording, manual focus slider and AF toggle, exposure compensation, as well as flat profiles. Here's some footage that was taken using this app: OnePlus Two : 4K Cinematic - YouTube

Here's my features request for the stock camera app:

Please add the DCI 4K Resolution (4096x2160) (I use this on my OnePlus One a lot)

Please add a 3K Resolution (3200*1800)

Please add a 2.5K Resolution (I use this on my friend's Note 4 a lot)

Please try to add a higher resolution 120fps mode (if not 1080p, maybe 1600*900 or something?)

*IMPLEMENT THIS FIRST EVEN IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE* Please allow selection of video bitrate up to 200mbps. Please make sure the bitrate selections apply to all resolutions and frame rates.

Please allow manual controls of ISO, Focus (allow switching between AF with Tap to Focus and MF Focus Slider), and Exposure Compensation

Please allow a press and hold on screen to lock focus and metering until the user unlocks it by tapping elsewhere

Implementing these things will put ZTE many times above other competing manufacturers and can even help in marketing this phone as a professional camera device.

Thanks,

Vaga

Comments

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,920 admin

Hi , from the looks of it , the camera is very important to you. I will definetly share your recommendations with the R&D team.

That would be great! Is there any way you could get me in touch with them directly?

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just want it to easy and take great photos, oh yea in low light also. A great auto mode would be good, lol.

From the hands-on videos and sample photos posted here and in a couple of review sites, looks like the camera does indeed meet your expectations!

I think the camera is going to be great, which is why I'm hoping ZTE squeezes every little bit of performance out of it that is possible.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,920 admin

, I'll have to follow up with you on this. I'm marking this for an action as we speak.

• I like to shoot 4k in 60fps and 1080 in 120fps please add this feature in ZTE axon 7.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Google should include manual control in google camera (next update plz google)

• sigmarsigmar CT, USAPosts: 43 ✭✭✭✭✭

Camera2 API is a very nice feature to have because it enables third-party camera apps to have the ability to take a better photo. I too hope ZTE implements this in future devices.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really agree with that.