Nougat Issues - Not just us

2»

Comments

• scott779scott779 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to show other manufactures and carriers have many of the same issues with Nougat as many here in this forum.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-fix-bad-samsung-galaxy-s6-nougat-performance/

• ooklathemokooklathemok Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it's a coincidence that it also happens to be the first version they threw out there and then made their own "skin" for the Pixel. I think Nougat is not polished and OEMs are scrambling to patch it up while also trying to incorporate their skins.... and some OEMs patch better than others.

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nougat reminds me of Windows Vista.  After struggling with Vista, millions of people switched back to Windows 7 and many still use Windows 7 today.

Perhaps Marshmallow is Google's Windows 7, and people will be hoarding Marshmallow phones.

• macgeekmacgeek earthPosts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 23, 2017 7:09AM

my ZTE maven 2 is faster, but I have sound issues. low sound or no sound. if I record audio its too low to hear it. my ringtones sound horrible now. wish I kept 6.01 on this phone. factory reset worked for a bit then it goes back to having sound issues. if dolby audio is on then I get no sound. that seems to be the culprit.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 478 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    Except isn't it switching back to Windows 7 from 10?

Yes. Vista was before Windows 7. If they didn't like Vista then they went back to Windows XP.

I will say that I didn't have hardly any problems with my A7 when it was on Marshmallow. A few reception issues but nothing like I am having now since "upgrading" to Nougat. I wish I had stayed on Marshmallow.

• sigma00015sigma00015 Somerville, AlabamaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully Project Treble will smooth many of the growing pains that occur each new release.
    https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/05/here-comes-treble-modular-base-for.html

Funny thing about my experience with Vista, I didn't find it all that bad even though it was rather piggish. Windows 8 and 8.1, however...I still have nightmares that cause me to wake up with a migraine as a reminder of the misery I experienced with those kludgy FUBAR conventions.

edited September 26, 2017 3:51PM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ram1220 said:
    I will say that I didn't have hardly any problems with my A7 when it was on Marshmallow. A few reception issues but nothing like I am having now since "upgrading" to Nougat. I wish I had stayed on Marshmallow.

What problems are you still having @ram1220?

Having the random microphone switching off on phone calls. When outside I can not get the finger print scanner to work more than half the time. Not sure if it's due to more light outside or what. No matter how I hold the phone (up, down, side ways) the phone will lock me out after trying the finger print sensor. Inside a building the scanner works every time. I also experience the blue tooth meta data problem. I didn't have any of these problems on Marshmallow. I really want the HTC U11 but I haven't been able to push the buy button yet. I keep hoping it will go on sale. Lol

• AerospacemanAerospaceman United StatesPosts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can tell you that if there is any measure of moisture(sweat) on your finger it will mostly not work. Especially when going from a cold(AC) indoor environment to a hot and humid outdoor environment(condensation). Light has no factor on the FPS. I live in the south and this happens to me as well time to time. Moisture distorts the sensor..

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ram1220 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ram1220 said:

What problems are you still having @ram1220?

Having the random microphone switching off on phone calls. When outside I can not get the finger print scanner to work more than half the time. Not sure if it's due to more light outside or what. No matter how I hold the phone (up, down, side ways) the phone will lock me out after trying the finger print sensor. Inside a building the scanner works every time. I also experience the blue tooth meta data problem. I didn't have any of these problems on Marshmallow. I really want the HTC U11 but I haven't been able to push the buy button yet. I keep hoping it will go on sale. Lol

@ram1220 I don't use the fingerprint so I can't offer any input on that. Have you ever warranted your phone? Of course there's no guarantee that the microphone switching off problem wouldn't continue to happen on an exchange phone and the metadata problem wouldn't change. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know but you have a couple of the problems that just aren't going away. Sorry.

I know and thanks for trying. I am probably getting the HTC U11 as soon as I can convince myself to hit the buy button. Lol. Before this ZTE disaster I was an HTC guy. I tried something different and it didn't work out. I'll be going back to HTC before long.

@Aerospaceman said:
    I can tell you that if there is any measure of moisture(sweat) on your finger it will mostly not work. Especially when going from a cold(AC) indoor environment to a hot and humid outdoor environment(condensation). Light has no factor on the FPS. I live in the south and this happens to me as well time to time. Moisture distorts the sensor..

I think you are absolutely correct. Every evening I go outside and exercise. I have the A7 with me along with a pair of bluetooth ear buds. That is always when I have trouble. My hands are sweaty. Even if I dry them first I still get locked out of the phone. It's very frustrating. When I get back home and inside with the A/C then the phone starts working again.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2017 5:21PM

The sweat on your fingertips causes the skin to swell slightly displacing the normal fingerprint pattern. It's kind of like when you stay in the bathtub too long and your fingers get all wrinkly except on a much smaller scale.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@stevec5375 said:
    The sweat on your fingertips causes the skin to swell slightly displacing the normal fingerprint pattern. It's kind of like when you stay in the bathtub too long and your fingers get all wrinkly except on a much smaller scale.

I was going to say........ Nope I won't go there. :D

I was too!!! The same thing!!! LOL!!

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @ram1220 I sent you a private message.

Got it and replied sir :smile:

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@stevec5375 said:

I was going to say........ Nope I won't go there. :D

I guess I'm a bit slow or else my mind must not be in the gutter like "some" people....