The Blade V8 Pro beats the iPhone 7 camera in HDR mode

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community AdministratorUnited States Posts: 1,366 admin

We came across an article recently that is both puzzling and intriguing. It claims that the Blade V8 Pro Camera takes better photos than the iPhone 7 in HDR mode. Could this possibly be true?

Have a read and come back with your thoughts - or better yet, personal experience if you happen to have both devices in hand. We expect differing opinions on this topic, so please remember to show each other respect in your responses below. Here's a link to the article:

Camera comparison: ZTE Blade V8 Pro vs iPhone 7

Comments

• kumatora0203kumatora0203 Danvers, MAPosts: 262 ✭✭

Android in the past has always been behind in cameras, and seeing some phones now better than Apple is interesting. Wonder though why they did the 7 but not the 7+ As doesn't the 7+ have dual cameras while the  regular 7 only has one

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,173 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not bad at all for a $230 smartphone. From this comparison it would seem 2 cameras are better than 1 for HDR but Pixels prove otherwise.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,173 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Using the iPhone 7 plus would have seemed  fairer in this comparison since it does have a dual camera. Although, iPhone 7+ uses the second camera for zoom and portrait mode. I would like to see a comparison between the Blade V8 Pro bokeh photo and iPhone 7+ portrait mode.

EDIT:grammar

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,366 admin

Any of our members have both a Blade V8 Pro and an iPhone 7 they could test this out on?  It would be interesting if you could share your thoughts about this article with us and how your testing pans out.  Thanks!

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,227 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely nice to see that the ZTE Blade V8 Pro is comparable to the iPhone in terms of camera quality. Great job ZTE!

I do have to agree with ​ that the iPhone 7 Plus would have been a fairer comparison since both would be a dual camera setup, as opposed to being dual camera on the ZTE and single camera on the iPhone 7. But since it was only comparing HDR, I guess it's okay, as it's not comparing the bokeh effect. They should have also thrown in the Galaxy S7/edge in the mix if they are comparing it with the iPhone 7, as the Galaxy S7 do have one of the best camera out there, same goes for Google Pixel...

• Since neither the iPhone 7 Plus or Blade V8 Pro use the secondary camera for anything other than the shallow depth of field effect, it's a fair comparison. Both use only a single camera when shooting photos even in HDR mode.

• telyxtelyx Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the Snap Camera app with contrast at -3 and I have to say I'm really impressed by this phone's camera.  Lots better than my LG G Stylo.