Axon 7 display problems.

Hello Folks,

I recently had a problem with advance exchange device( ). That was not resolved so I did another advance exchange.

Now the new device I got is facing another problem . The problem I am facing is same as mentioned in this thread

Now I am wondering what should I do? I tried factory reset/clear cache but I am still getting intermittent half screen blackout.

Answers

• ​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. I am thinking that since a factory restore did not improve this, that a call back to customer service is needed.  Should you need anything further please let me know.

Service Provider Device Support: 877-817-1759

Axon and Unlocked Device Support: 800-617-5065

Online Purchase and Sales Support: 800-617-5065

Support is available from 8:00 AM CT to 9:00 PM CT, Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM CT to 9:00 PM CT on the weekends.

• Here is the screenshot of the problem. I will try to call the customer service again. However I am really disappointed by Quality check from ZTE before shipping replacement device. Besides that it takes more than 10 days to get a replacement device even in case of advance exchange.

axon 7.png

• ​ Thank you for posting the screenshot. You will definitely need to call them back for this issue. If there is anything you need please let me know.

• Looks to me like they shipped back to you what someone else sent in to them for exchange! How can something with that type of a defect even get out the door? Sad.

• I have the same problem with my screen (left side is gray). Sometimes it comes back to full screen but seems locked up with the gray side now. Suppose I will try factory reset first. I've tried shutting down numerous times.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@zoomupwoody said:
    I have the same problem with my screen (left side is gray). Sometimes it comes back to full screen but seems locked up with the gray side now. Suppose I will try factory reset first. I've tried shutting down numerous times.

You may want to open a case with support @zoomupwoody. There are multiple options for contacting support:
    https://www.zteusa.com/support_page/

Thanks!

• DavidKingDavidKing Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

I got the same problem.

After googling the issue, I get the solution.

As other genius said:

As pointed out by other people, it does seem like a connector issue. If you press really hard (not too hard, don't go breaking your phone) on the back of the phone near the volume rocker you might be able to push the display connector back in place.

IT WORKS ON MY PHONE!!!!!!

@snadeem said:
    Hello Folks,

I recently had a problem with advance exchange device( ). That was not resolved so I did another advance exchange.

Now the new device I got is facing another problem . The problem I am facing is same as mentioned in this thread

Now I am wondering what should I do? I tried factory reset/clear cache but I am still getting intermittent half screen blackout.

• louisdlouisd Ashburn, VAPosts: 985 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2017 9:37AM

I had the same issue on one of my A7s. I found that removing it from the case immediately resolved the issue. It appears the case was too tight, compressing the phone and causing a connection issue. We've since moved to a new case and the issue hasn't come back.

• PhoneJunkiePhoneJunkie Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

@zoomupwoody said:
    I have the same problem with my screen (left side is gray). Sometimes it comes back to full screen but seems locked up with the gray side now. Suppose I will try factory reset first. I've tried shutting down numerous times.

This just started happening to me yesterday. My phone turned itself off, and when I went to turn it back on half of the display was snow. It stayed that way for about 20 minutes through multiple reboots but randomly corrected itself.

I woke up this morning and grabbed my phone and it was back - but again went back to normal. I'm hoping that I can make it to the Axon 8 launch before having to send it in.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@PhoneJunkie said:

@zoomupwoody said:

This just started happening to me yesterday. My phone turned itself off, and when I went to turn it back on half of the display was snow. It stayed that way for about 20 minutes through multiple reboots but randomly corrected itself.

I woke up this morning and grabbed my phone and it was back - but again went back to normal. I'm hoping that I can make it to the Axon 8 launch before having to send it in.

Have you tried a factory reset @PhoneJunkie?

• zatarazatara Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

@DavidKing said:
    I got the same problem.

As other genius said:

As pointed out by other people, it does seem like a connector issue. If you press really hard (not too hard, don't go breaking your phone) on the back of the phone near the volume rocker you might be able to push the display connector back in place.

This happened to me this morning on my Axon 7 and I was distraught not knowing what to do. Phones aren't exactly cheap these days.

I scoured and surfed the information waves. Then I paddled across this, and it was absolutely amazing. I did exactly as instructed and now my phone is working again!

I love my Axon 7, and I think the Axon 8 is going to blow the socks off people. But I've had multiple issues with this phone where I've had to permanently disable features on my phone (Like the auto google updates, I must do it manually now), do hard resets (because my alarm wouldn't work anymore - the hard reset fixed it btw), and have weird things like this come up. Don't get me wrong, I'll never go Apple, but maybe it's time to give Samsung or the newest Google Pixel a try. But despite all the problems, this phone is the best I've had so far I can't handle to continuously have issues though.

I feel absolutely naked without a fully functioning cell phone. Maybe I should carry a secondary device. Is that a cell phone in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me? Because I already see one in your hand. o:) Love you guysl Thank you DavidKing. Cheers.

• gatorguy2gatorguy2 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DavidKing said:
    I got the same problem.

As other genius said:

@snadeem said:
    Hello Folks,

I was just about to give up on my Axon 7. A few months back I sent mine in for exchange for this exact problem. ZTE was great about it too. No argument whatsoever and the replacement was sent to me overnite. Kudos to them.

But last week the half-display-gray problem started on this one too. A soft tap on the back fixed it each of the several times it reoccurred over the past week. Today no go. The display became pretty much unusable. So frustrating...
    The advice to press hard, really hard, on the rear near the volume rocker has fixed it at least for the time being!! Thank you to whoever came up with this. Going to try to baby it until ZTE at least announces what's next for Axon. Not ready to completely give up on 'em.