Hiya caller ID

ivanbivanb Posts: 26 ✭✭✭✭

Hi to all.  Can anyone tell,  why I can't update Hiya Caller ID & Block system app in Google Play Store,  it says "update", it allows to download it  but once it finished it cannot proceed with installation,  pop up window "Hiya caller ID & Block cannot be installed. Error code:- 505" Does anyone have such issues, and what should I do.  Thank you in advance.

Comments

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya was not built to be a system app like Gmail, which can be updated and still remain a system app.

• ivanbivanb Posts: 26 ✭✭✭✭

You won't be able to find Hiya in your apps,  unless you uncover system apps to be shown,  that's why I said that Hiya is one of the system app. Try it please and let me know.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I'm concerned this is a bug.  I have never heard of an app that behaves like this.  If it can't be updated from the Google Play Store then it shouldn't be showing as updateable.  However, if it *IS* updateable, then the phone should handle it as such.  Error codes are just unacceptable.

I agree, if they integrated an app into the firmware they should make the app be able to update.

Google play services is another example then.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries folks !

I'm sure we will be getting frequent and timely updates from ZTE just like we always have.

Right?

Not only that, they are adding features and fixes to the Google apps all the time.

They are in the system, running with system privileges.

On this phone, the Google apps that are installed in the firmware can be updated, BUT Hiya CANNOT.

My big Thanks to all of you.

• trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Give the Asus Dialer a try. You can block caller in it. I've used it since I got my A7.

Probably, only one option left to see how it will change in next ZTE system updates.  Hoping that they see our subject and will respond accordingly.

• rwhoggrwhogg Palestine, TexasPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same issue.

• mi_lionmi_lion Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

One possible solution is this:

Go to settings/default apps/dialer/

Then choose "phone" instead of Hiya.

Restart/reboot phone

Then use the Playstore Hiya app and get future app updates.

The embedded in firmware Hiya ZTE furnished will fight the stand alone Playstore app.

Hope this helps someone.

Lion

• trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They are one and the same AFAIK. The dark theme is named "ASUS Contacts Theme - Dark".

• isax2csisax2cs Russellville, ARPosts: 10

Have the same error code 505 on HIYA caller ID.  Also any assistance would be helpful.

• I have the same problem. My dialer is acting odd and not sending some of my contacts straight to voicemail. I really like this phone but starting to regret getting it. LTE should give us a pure Android Rom before they lose us for good.

• Having the same problem. You are not alone but I have not seen any solution to the problem as of yet. The other persons response isn't very helpful considering it's a built-in app with the Axon 7 nougat update. Hopefully it will be addressed in a future update to the app.