Hiya caller ID

2»

Comments

• What is the immediate need to update?? Is yours broken, not working, buggy, etc?? Or is it just a mental fascination??

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimlloyd40 wrote: seems like a wise choice to download a dialer that works instead of complaining constantly about something that will take who knows how long to fix. 

Forever

• The reason for having the most up to date apps on your device I would think would be pretty self explanatory really. But in case you are not sure updates contain many things such as bug fixes, new features, and even security updates. Having a device that can keep all your phone apps updated is important for the reasons I listed above and in the play store update for the Hiya app it says it contains the following,

What's new in 6.3?

- Fixes and improvements

Now call me crazy but I like my phone up to date. It's the reason that the play store has auto update enabled by default. Having apps that can't or won't update is a problem.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There ale lots of system integrated apps that can be updated.

• celticchryscelticchrys Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

This is not a bug. This was integrated in a stupid way. Poor developer decision.

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 141 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

New Hiya update in the play store, I am just waiting for ZTE to send us a Update to it, maybe they are waiting for testing of Nougat 7.1.2 once final is release to push it with that among other bug fixes, who knows. But if the Hiya app updates on a regular basis and the App is so baked in like Dropbox that you have to wait for a ZTE update to update (for lack of a better word). Maybe ZTE should make those separate updates, or in a future update, if there is a way to keep them baked in if they choose but allow those apps to be updated from the Play Store. Just seams these apps are updating faster than ZTE updates the phones. Now keep in mind, I am not complaining about how fast ZTE has been updating the Axon 7 and Mini, The Mini for some reason is skipping everything and going straight to 7.1.1 and the original A7 got 7.0 then 7.1.1 as the new LG G6, LG V20 (as far as I know) and the new Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ with whatever overlay they have (Touchwiz etc.) is still on just plain 7.0 at launch. I am sure I they will eventually get all the Android updates between the carriers and the manufactures. This just about the baked in Apps. When we got the last update to 7.1.1 we got the latest Hiya but there has been a new version since then. No idea if what I am asking is technically possible but.... When ZTE decides to stop updating this phone in 2 years from launch as I am sure a new one will be out by then, for those who still use this one, lest at least keep the apps we can download from Google Play that are baked in Updated.

Also unrelated for those that care. The A7 was listed among others in CNET official list the other day of Galaxy S8/+ alternatives. pretty neat.

• rwhoggrwhogg Palestine, TexasPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same issue.

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 141 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Any news on a update on this? I am getting annoying messages from Hiya in the form of popups to upgrade Hiya but I can not do to error code 505. Any ideas?

• StumpyStumpy Sonova BeachPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might be new to the Axon, but I've learned over the years to practice patience and adaptation when dealing with digital electronics. I switched to the ZenUI with no issues.

• Onimushalord89Onimushalord89 Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

I had this same issue and a Factory Reset fixed it. Hiya now updates through the Play store as it should. While it's annoying, a factory reset is the solution.

They were supposed to fix this so a factory reset was not needed. I know they said they were working on this. I guess I just have to wait until the next Update for the A7 whenever that is.

• I believe that the Hiya app is built into the Android Nougat update for all devices. I noticed it was installed not only on my ZTE Axon 7 Mini but the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S8 using Nougat has Hiya as well. I actually like the app, it let's you know exactly who is calling or texting, I just have to change the notification settings cause the pop up while and after a call is in progress is a bit too much to handle.

• To disable the app: settings/apps/Hiya/disable
    To change settings in app if using: open Hiya/click on the 3 bars on top left/select call settings/uncheck the ones you don't want and vise versa

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully fixed in next update. While annoying, it's not the end of the world. :)

• rizscottrizscott United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I also encountered the same problem. My friend said that this is most likely due to the incompatibility between the Android OS version and the application. I used a number of methods, such as clearing the Google Play Store cache, reinstalling or updating the Google Play Store, and enabling the Download Manager to correct the Android settings. Finally, error code: -505 was solved.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2019 11:49AM

I am still running on Nougat. I am unable to uninstall Hiya because the only thing that shows up is Disable. Hiya has been updated and now the Google Play Store says it is not compatible with my Axon 7 Premium even though the app shows as "Installed". How am I supposed to get this off my phone so I can try something else?

• bpaulbpaul United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I just received my Axon 7 back from the service center. The "built in" Hiya app is gone. When I go to the app store it is not there. So I went to hiya.com to try and download. It states it is "not compatible". Phone has been updated to 8.0.0

Any suggestions?

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Go to apk mirror. com and try downloading one from there and see if that will work for you

2»