Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

[GUIDE][UNOFFICIAL][SAFE METHOD] Unlock Bootloader - USA Axon 7 ONLY -

DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

THIS GUIDE IS JUST FOR THE USA VARIANT OF THE ZTE AXON 7 ( A2017U )

DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS ON ANY OTHER AXON 7 DEVICE - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED -

THE METHOD / GUIDE WE ARE GOING TO BE USING IS THE SAFEST WAY TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER

Hi A7 user,

Here i have a way (more than one way) to unlock your bootloader and have more freedom to do more with your device, This methods are not for the "faint of heart user".

my advice is READ, READ, READ till you understand how to do it.

THIS METHOD PRESENTED HERE,

WILL WIPE YOUR DATA / INTERNAL STORAGE

AND

IF YOU CONTINUE YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE VOID

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

UNOFFICIAL UNLOCK METHOD

* QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS METHOD, PLEASE MENTION MY NAME ( @DrakenFX ), I'LL RESPOND PROMPTLY *

" Click Here to Download Files "

* Files Needed

- A2017UV1.0.0B20_MoveToSDCard.zip

- A2017UV1.0.0B29_MoveToSDCard.zip

- A2017UB20Fastboot_ssl_MoveToSDCard.zip

- ADBFastbootTWRP_PC-Package.rar ( Uncompressed this file , will going to use this later during this process )

* Optional Files

-TWRP_A2017UV1.1.0B15Modded_MoveToSDCard.zip

- no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip

-  SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip ( Click Here to download )

* Under DEVELOPER OPTIONS ( IMPORTANT STEPS)

- Enable OEM Unlocking ( Needed even if you are lock bootloader )

- Enable USB Debbuging

After Moving all Files to their respective locations and enabling necessary options , let's proceed with the Steps / Fun

STEPS

1. Boot to Recovery ( Manual or ADB )

1.1 Once in Recovery you can navigate the menu by using Volume up or Down.

2. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Press Power

3. Select apply update from sdcard and Press Power

NOTE : REBOOT back to Recovery after every install.

3.1 Select A2017UV1.0.0B29_MoveToSDCard.zip and Apply ( SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU ARE IN B29 )

3.2 Select A2017UV1.0.0B20_MoveToSDCard.zip and Apply

3.3 Select A2017UB20Fastboot_ssl_MoveToSDCard.zip and Apply

4. Select reboot bootloader and Press Power

5. On your PC / Laptop navigate to the location where you Uncompressed the rar file ( adb,fastboot & twrp files)

5.1 Open a Command prompt (  Hold shift & right click on mouse - select " open command windows here " )

6. Type : fastboot oem unlock

6.1 Follow the instruction to unlock bootloader, the device will reboot and perform a factory reset then boot back to system.

Now you have Unlock Bootloader, Congratulations.... Will be Updating this Thread with further information and  how to get back to B15 Nougat using  Modded B15 ( Nougat ) zip file or LineageOS.

TO BE CONTINUE......

Comments

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

HOW TO INSTALL / UPDATE /

BACKUP / ROOT or JUST KEEP TWRP WITH NO ROOT

( UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ONLY )

TWRP Recovery & A2017Uv.1.1.0B15 (Nougat base update)

* Files Needed

-  TRWP_A2017UV1.1.0B15Modded_MoveToSDCard.zip

-  no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip  ( Move To SDCard )

- SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip

-  twrp304_1.img

* Under DEVELOPER OPTIONS ( IMPORTANT STEPS)

- Enable OEM Unlocking ( Needed even if you are lock bootloader )

- Enable USB Debbuging

STEPS

1. On your PC / Laptop navigate to the location where you Uncompressed the rar file ( adb,fastboot & twrp files)

1.1 Open a Command prompt (  Hold shift & right click on mouse - select " open command windows here " )

2. type : adb reboot bootloader

3. type : fastboot flash recovery twrp304_1.img

NOTE : this will only install custom recovery to your device 

4. Using Volume Up or Down , Select Recovery Mode and press Power

NOTE : this will boot the device to TWRP recover.

5. Once in TWRP,  TAP " Keep System as Read-Only "

6. Let's Update to Nougat B15 using TWRP_A2017UV1.1.0B15Modded_MoveToSDCard.zip

6.1 Tap " Install " > Select " TWRP_A2017UV1.1.0B15Modded_MoveToSDCard.zip " > Slide to install

7. Let's Proceed with Backup your current System ( DO THIS BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE )

7.1 Tap " BACKUP " > Select :  Boot - Data - System (either one)

7.2 Tap " Select Storage " > Select the storage you want to use as backup storage

7.3 " Swipe to Backup "

8. Proceed with the step needed :

IF YOU DON'T WANT ROOT & JUST KEEP TWRP

8.1 Tap " Install " > Select Storage where the files are located > Select "no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip " > Slide to install

IF YOU WANT ROOT PRIVILEGES

8.2 Tap " Install " > Select Storage where the files are located > Select " SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip "  > Slide to Install

NOTE : After flashing SuperSU zip and reboot to system , your device may or may not perform a self reboot, so don't panic this is normal .

TO BE CONTINUE......

Reserve again...

Last Reserve

• kumatora0203kumatora0203 Danvers, MAPosts: 262 ✭✭

Probally I would have done it, but my warranty is too important to me, as its one of the reason I got the a7

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great guide ​, thanks for providing!

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I always hate making myself look stupid but what is "Reserve" ?

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reserve space at top of topic for additional important notes that might be added later

• texasmade1texasmade1 DFWPosts: 138 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome work Your work is greatly appreciated, thank you so much for your contributions.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you listed this:

* Optional Files

-TWRP_A2017UV1.1.0B15Modded_MoveToSDCard.zip

I assume that the above instructions use the standard stock recovery on the A7 ?

So did "last reserve" mean that more won't be added?

nope, the file you pointing at will be use when you get TWRP install, which i'm adding more info / guide on how to do such thing.

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, Texas Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great JOB ​   Your the Best!!!!

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Draken I bet this will help a lot of people

• gusgus Posts: 20

is there similar way for A1P model ?

• Edit: I managed to figure it out. The problem was that the A2017UB20Fastboot_ssl_MoveToSDCard.zip did not apply properly, as my phone kept failing the device fingerprint check. What fixed it for me was restarting the phone between flashes so that it would be running the newest recovery mode.

Hey ,

Thanks for your hard work!

I followed your instructions but when entering the command "fastboot oem unlock" I get an error saying Failed (Remote: unknown command). Any idea where to go from here? I was on B15 prior to initiating this process.

Cheers!

• I want to add myself thanks drakenfx for your contributions to allow us to have many more options for our device it is much appreciated!

• After downloading all the files I relized that I don't have SD card

That's the kind of duh moment that I'm used to.

• I am currently on nougat b15. Is this a viable option to unlock the bootloader? My build number is A2017UV1.1.0B15

Update: Well damn. I just updated to 7.1.1 b19 by accident. Would this still work?

• B19 unlock method anyone?

​ ,

This method apply's for ANY MM or N software version.

• I can not imagine the effort that it must have taken to get all of this put together. Thank you for the assistance. I was able to flash it no problem.

• ! what?? so no need to downgrade from b19 to b29/b20??

• Hi drakenfx  can I use the lineage os instead of using TWRP_A2017UV1.1.0B15Modded_MoveToSDCard.zip in step 6 help fast, please

pretty much Yup, with this method you will have to downgrade, there's other methods out there but this is the safest for anyone who have no experience or don't want to endup with a brick device.

YES you can, just follow the installation guide and you'll be good to go or [OFFICIAL]LineageOS 14.1 for ZTE Axon 7 | ZTE Axon 7

• yeah I just figured that out, I don't want to install another firmware on my device, I mean cmon, downgrade to b29 and then to b20 just to unlcok the bootloader?? THIS IS MADNESS!  the internet connection is not so good in my country to download 2 huge firmwares!

I tried Axon7toolkit but that was the worst tool I have ever seen, it was very mature to the point of opening notepad and asking the user to do.... all of the process, yeah, and I still don't know why miflash is not working btw.

why zte don't just help us instead?? I am really locked at this situation, after all this research on xda and hihg hopes to let my axon run RR it is all gone with the wind. Thank you zte this is probably my last device for misadvertising and bad support.

• I recently bought my carrier unlocked Axon 7 and upgraded it to 7.1.1 It is a US version i.e. A2017UV1.10B19

Will your process work for Nougat 7.1.1? If not can someone point me to where I can unlock my bootloader to install Lineage OS or Resurrection Remix (I have RR on my LG Nexus 5X
    Thanks, Will

Read the OP 's post above.

• dude this was badass seriously amazingly precise instructions to a riddle trapped in a puzzle wrapped in an enigma that is GODHEAD and I just sure hope they pay you something for all your efforts one day hell you made a believer out of me and i would follow your instructions until the day i ceased to exist on the face of this GREEN earth of ours. Peace brotha and much <3 -pu