Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

[GUIDE][UNOFFICIAL][SAFE METHOD] Unlock Bootloader - USA Axon 7 ONLY -

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that and please let us know what you think of Lineage. What problem or problems has Lineage solved for you and have you encountered any new ones?

• Hello drakenfx

I believe you can help me.

My axon 7 to 2017u is with boot problems is not starting

In TWRP it flash the roms but it does not start

Adob sideload of error

In EDL mode with miflash and the factory rom it goes into bootloop

I hope you can help me

Thank you

To get his attention mention him like this .

• I'm from Brazil

I do not know how to mention it.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

as far as i can tell, you own the A2017 (Chinese model) , I recommend posting back in XDA.

P.S. using A2017U (USA) Nougat software with A2017 (Chinese) model is RISKY and i DON'T recommend and YOU ARE lucky you still able to boot to TWRP and not get stuck in DFU mode.

• kylefromjakylefromja Kingston, JamaicaPosts: 21

​ I'm on B25 too and I need to know if there is anything in the guide that we need to do differently

• roybmroybm United StatesPosts: 2

Nevermind I just figured it out.
    Here is what i did in case anyone else runs into this issue:

after step 3.3, but before step 4, boot the phone normally into the os.

Activate developer options again, and turn on oem unlocking and usb debugging.

Then go onto to step 4.

hmmm I get to step 5 and it says in the command prompt:

"FAILED (remote: oem unlock is not allowed)

finished.

I DO have the oem unlock checked under developer options also have usb debugging enabled.

Going to try it all again and see if the same error comes up.

You don't have to do anything different, just follow the guide ( downgrade to MM ) and you'll be fine

• Many thanks to ​ for this write up. I had given up hope on getting TWRP on my Axon 7 but this did the trick.

Two questions:

1) Now that I'm on B15, can I upgrade to B19 and then B25? If so, do I need to reinstall any of the above .zip files to keep TWRP?

2) Do you have an Amazon wishlist? You can DM me the link.

• Sorry to reply to my own post, but  the Axon seemed bound and determined to upgrade to B19. It downloaded the update and rebooted into TWRP. From that point I just rebooted back into the system, and now, on B15, it says it's up to date.

Since I'd like to have the security patches in B19 and B25, is there a way to automatically apply the updates, or do I need to find them and install them manually? Finally, I guess I really need to know if TWRP will still work on a later O/S.

• nsd33nsd33 perthPosts: 1

Hi,

I tried those steps but when I am trying to update the zip files from sd card it says invalid siganture.

Can you help me please!

• I have decided to sell my Axon 7, how do I go about restoring the boot lock?  I have spent all day trying various posts I have found, but have had zero luck.

Even tried restoring B07 using the EDL but that failed so I had to go back to B20.I'm hoping someone can help me out!

• Okay, the answer is "it depends".

If you have adb and fastboot installed, try

adb reboot bootloader

then

fastboot oem lock

If it says the command is not found, you can try reloading the

A2017UB20Fastboot_ssl_MoveToSDCard.zip

file back, which should restore the fastboot command.

NOOOOOO, Don't do it like, you'll end up in bad shape, and that's how several people been soft-bricking their devices....

Which Axon 7 model you're using?

• I have the Axon 7 USA version. 

• Weird. Why did it work for me do you think? After following your instructions above I got to Nougat B15 then decided I'd rather try LineageOS. Installed that, decided I wasn't keeping the phone, so factory reset it, reloaded MM B20 and then locked it via fastboot.

I just get lucky?

wrote:I have the Axon 7 USA version.

What's your current Recovery?

* TWRP or Stock Recovery

wrote:Weird. Why did it work for me do you think? After following your instructions above I got to Nougat B15 then decided I'd rather try LineageOS. Installed that, decided I wasn't keeping the phone, so factory reset it, reloaded MM B20 and then locked it via fastboot.I just get lucky?

LoL, Oh i see.

you were all stock before proceeding with the lock commands, that's the reason why you didn't came across with a softbrick,

• I am on stock recovery.  The person I sold it to doesn't care that it is unlocked.

I have it on the latest build of stock software B19.

Not sure I'm going to worry about it at this point.  Thanks anyway! :-)

• Yuppers - went back to stock before the lock.

Heh, it rhymes.

After I could boot to stock recovery and to the main OS where it prompted me to set up the phone again, so I assume all was well.

• Thanks for the guide. I was able to root and install custom ROM. Every time i boot, I get this message for 10 seconds  and then device works fine - "Your device software can't be checked for corruption. Pl lock the bootloader. Visit g.co/ABH". How do I get rid of this?

As far as I know that's just part of the boot process and I'm not aware of how to get rid of it. It doesn't bother me since it's gone fast.

• Thanks for the info. I rooted my LePro3 last week and  i dont see this msg with LePro3. i was just curious..

I should have mentioned that I didn't root my A7. I just unlocked the bootloader and installed Lineage. Possibly if you were rooted also you could get rid of that.

• I rooted my A7 and still see this.. I don't think root plays a role a here..

• romeoromeo Irvine CAPosts: 59 ✭✭✭

Hello ​​, I'm having a little issue on my phone and I wanted some advice. Whenever I use your files (boot stack and system files) to upgrade to a new update I lose data connection after reboots or shut down, and the only way to get it back is to either do another reboot or toggle the air plain mode. also since the Nougat release the unlocked bootloader warning screen during boot takes longer than 5 second. do you have any idea to resolve this issues?

Thanks in advance.

• dontedübdontedüb City of the RosePosts: 1

Ok, so when downloading A2017U1.0.0B20_MoveToSDCard.zip & A2017UB20Fastboot_ssl_MoveToSDCard I get

Installing update...

Warning: No file_contextsThis package is for "ailsa_ii" devices; this is a "".

E:Error in /sideload/package.zip

(Status 8)

Installation aborted.

Any files specifically for ailsa_ii models?

• Is this still the most current set of instructions for unlocking A2017U?

Had my phone for about 6 months, finally had enough of the poor battery life so Im going to try to get myself on lineage. theres so many different threads, across all the different forums. its hard to determine which is the most current and safe method of unlocking/rooting.........

I don't know what is the most current method but if you set up your phone on Lineage like it's set up now you won't get any better battery life. I have one of each and the battery life is nearly identical. I get approximately 6 1/2 hours SOT on each one. But that is by painstakingly setting up the phone with battery life in mind including every apps notifications and permissions.

• Hmm. Guess no point then. I cant get any where near 6 hours SOT. I did a couple times, before any OTAs. Now the very best i can do is about 4.5 hours, and that's if i don't listen to ANY type of audio. if i listen to any audio at work for a few hours, by the end of the day I'm around 10% battery with 2-3 hours SOT. So far that i can see, changing app/power management settings hasn't had any noticeable effect either way. Otherwise the phone works fine though. guess ill just have to ride it out until its time for a different device.