[GUIDE][UNOFFICIAL][SAFE METHOD] Unlock Bootloader - USA Axon 7 ONLY -

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,129 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just go through your settings very meticulously and make choices that you can live with that extend battery life. And simple things like if you're not using wifi, bluetooth or GPS turn them off. Go through every apps permissions and notifications and deny those that you don't need to still use your phone the way that you like. An example on mine is that I have a grocery  store app that would pop up notifications. That tells me that it's running in the background all the time. So I went to the permissions and notifications and shut that off. I use a black background everywhere possible. On mine I have a black homescreen, dialer and contacts app, file manager app. A black background for the app drawer and others. That takes a long time to set up a phone like that and is why I resist a FDR at all costs. But all that effort pays off with great SOT.

• darkstar64darkstar64 CaliforniaPosts: 14

Ok, so I've been able to download all the necessary files. I've gotten the phone to where it's at B20. I've just finished 3.3. I've read where I need to boot into the phone and make sure OEM unlocking and USB debugging are on. I've done that. i've now rebooted into the bootloader. I'm running Windows 10. From the unrar'd ADBFastbootTWRP_PC-Package folder i've run a command prompt and ran fastboot oem unlock.

Nothing happens it just says 'waiting for any device'. Any idea where I've screwed up or where I should go from here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• darkstar64darkstar64 CaliforniaPosts: 14
    edited June 28, 2017 1:35PM

Thanks for posting these instructions. I was finally able to get through though still not certain why I was stuck at the fastboot oem unlock part. Kept repeatedly trying and one time it worked. Led to me installing Lineage which was a revelation. Phone works so much better with Lineage it's almost like a different phone. It makes me wonder how many of this phone's issues are shoddy software related.

Again, thanks so much for all your hard work!!

• dtowngyrldtowngyrl Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

@drakenfx can I just use B20 to update from B29 or well it cause an issue? Does B20 software allow sideloading? Thanks again for all of your work!

• @drakenfx the files at the link https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=160059 are no longer accessible. I am in B25 and trying to unlock and then install Lineage. Please help.

thanks!

• chrisgpaynechrisgpayne Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

@frankblock said:
    @drakenfx the files at the link https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=160059 are no longer accessible. I am in B25 and trying to unlock and then install Lineage. Please help.

thanks!

I think its just the html-ification of the URL by the forum redirect where "&" is incorrectly converted to "amp;". Try typing it manually, or remove the "amp;" once on androidfilehost.com.

HTH

• hawkhawk VenezuelaPosts: 8 ✭✭✭

good, first I want to apologize for my English, I am from venezuela and I must use the google translator for my query.
    second I want to thank you for your work, since I see that you have helped many people and I hope you can help me too.
    my question is if this procedure works for the A2017UV1.1.0B32?

• BrayrandBrayrand Atlanta, GaPosts: 1 ✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2017 3:21PM

Hey, @DrakenFX I can't download the attached files for unlocking the bootloader. It says that the android file host doesn't exist.
    Edit: I already found them elsewhere but they didn't work, maybe because I have B32?

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Brayrand
    Sorry for the delay, here is the Link : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=160059
    hope that helps.

• willbwillb New JerseyPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭

@DrakenFX PLEASE HELP! I have rooted my Axon 7 and am on Android 6.0.1 Build 29. How do I upgrade to the latest build (Build 32 android 7.1.1)? Presumably with flashfire?

@willb said:
    @DrakenFX PLEASE HELP! I have rooted my Axon 7 and am on Android 6.0.1 Build 29. How do I upgrade to the latest build (Build 32 android 7.1.1)? Presumably with flashfire?

the only way for you to update to B32, is by downloading the B32 package from here : ZTEUSA Axon 7 Support Page , once you you're done downloading the B32 package, reply to this post and i'll help you with the rest.

edited October 27, 2017 2:28PM

@DrakenFX said:

@willb said:

the only way for you to update to B32, is by downloading the B32 package from here : ZTEUSA Axon 7 Support Page , once you you're done downloading the B32 package, reply to this post and i'll help you with the rest.

@DrakenFX Ok I have it downloaded and it's in my sd card. What now? Thanks for replying so quickly btw. I would like to upgrade without losing my root. I didn't write the previous post properly. It is very important that I keep the root when updating.

@willb said:
    @DrakenFX Ok I have it downloaded and it's in my sd card. What now? Thanks for replying so quickly btw.

that's awesome and no problem that's why we are here to help on those in need,

if you move the whole package the 5.0GB one, you'll have open the zip and take/copy update.zip ONLY to your root of the internal storage.

NOTE :
    this package WILL wipe all your Data and restore your device to factory state, move everything needed from your INTERNAL STORAGE to your SDCard or PC.

once that's done and if you want to keep Root just reply back to this post.

P.S. do you have TWRP installed?

@DrakenFX I do have TWRP installed and the package is moved to the root of my sd card. That's all I have done. I also have flashfire installed. What do I do next?

edited October 27, 2017 2:42PM

@DrakenFX said:

@willb said:
    @DrakenFX Ok I have it downloaded and it's in my sd card. What now? Thanks for replying so quickly btw.

that's awesome and no problem that's why we are here to help on those in need,

if you move the whole package the 5.0GB one, you'll have open the zip and take/copy update.zip ONLY to your root of the internal storage.

NOTE :
    this package WILL wipe all your Data and restore your device to factory state, move everything needed from your INTERNAL STORAGE to your SDCard or PC.

once that's done and if you want to keep Root just reply back to this post.

P.S. do you have TWRP installed?

>

@DrakenFX I do have TWRP installed and the package is moved to the root of my sd card. That's all I have done. I also have flashfire installed. What do I do next?

edited October 27, 2017 2:49PM

@willb
    ok, download the latest TWRP image and SuperSU 2.79 you'll needed if you want to TWRP & Root access,

do the following make sure is you follow every steps of the following instructions :

1. Boot to TWRP
    2. Tap MOUNT
    3. Tap Mount system partition read-only MAKE SURE IS CHECK
    4. Tap INSTALL
    5. Look for your update.zip and install.
      THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA/INTERNAL STORAGE

-----------------Want to keep TWRP and Root-----------------

1. Once is done flashing Tap INSTALL once more and look for the TWRP image (this is if you want to keep TWRP)
    2. Tap INSTALL and flash SuperSU 2.79

NOTE :
    MAKE SURE you have follow very step, and flashfire won't help in this case

@DrakenFX There is no install option in the mount section in TWRP. All it says is "Mount USB Storage", "Select Storage", and "Disable MTP". Please help.

@willb said:
    @DrakenFX There is no install option in the mount section in TWRP. All it says is "Mount USB Storage", "Select Storage", and "Disable MTP". Please help.

@DrakenFX said:
    @willb
    ok, download the latest TWRP image and SuperSU 2.79 you'll needed if you want to TWRP & Root access,

do the following make sure is you follow every steps of the following instructions :

1. Boot to TWRP
    2. Tap MOUNT
    3. Tap Mount system partition read-only MAKE SURE IS CHECK
    4. Tap INSTALL
    5. Look for your update.zip and install.
      THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA/INTERNAL STORAGE

1. Once is done flashing Tap INSTALL once more and look for the TWRP image (this is if you want to keep TWRP)

NOTE :

There is no install option in the mount section in TWRP. All it says is "Mount USB Storage", "Select Storage", and "Disable MTP". Please help. Also this back and forth is a hassle. If you have discord add me. WillB573#4605

@DrakenFX Oh thanks. Also it says that the B32 file that I downloaded from ZTE's website is corrupt. What do I do?

@willb
    When meant INSTALL , i meant going back to main page and TAP INSTALL from there.

every install is from main page, not from mount

@DrakenFX Thanks. It says the file is corrupt. What do I do?

edited October 27, 2017 3:17PM

@willb
    ok let's do this, differently

download this 2 files :

• A2017Uv1.1.0B32_Bootstack_by_DrakenFX.zip
    • A2017Uv1.1.0B32_StockSystem_by_DrakenFX.zip

from here :

as soon you those 2 zip done. move both to your sdcard.

@DrakenFX Ok, I have downloaded them and both are in the root section of my SD card. What now?

@willb said:
    @DrakenFX Ok, I have downloaded them and both are in the root section of my SD card. What now?

1. Boot to TWRP
    2. Tap MOUNT
    3. Tap Mount system partition read-only MAKE SURE IS CHECK then go back to main page.
    4. Tap INSTALL
    5. INSTALL as Follow :
      5.1. A2017Uv1.1.0B32_Bootstack_by_DrakenFX.zip
      5.2. A2017Uv1.1.0B32_StockSystem_by_DrakenFX.zip

NOTE :

@DrakenFX After I installed both the packages, you want me to tap install one more time and install the .img file of TWRP. After that I plug the phone into my computer and flash supersu with adb and fastboot, correct?

@willb
    Yes, tap again INSTALL > Install image , and select the *.img file.
    AFTER installing the image file Tap INSTALL and Flash SuperSU v2.79, YOU MUST do all that before leaving TWRP.

@DrakenFX What partition do I select to flash the image?

@DrakenFX Boot, Recovery, System Image, Modem, or Bluetooth?

@willb said:
    @DrakenFX Boot, Recovery, System Image, Modem, or Bluetooth?

TWRP *.img = Recovery