Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

[GUIDE][UNOFFICIAL][SAFE METHOD] Unlock Bootloader - USA Axon 7 ONLY -

124»

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just go through your settings very meticulously and make choices that you can live with that extend battery life. And simple things like if you're not using wifi, bluetooth or GPS turn them off. Go through every apps permissions and notifications and deny those that you don't need to still use your phone the way that you like. An example on mine is that I have a grocery  store app that would pop up notifications. That tells me that it's running in the background all the time. So I went to the permissions and notifications and shut that off. I use a black background everywhere possible. On mine I have a black homescreen, dialer and contacts app, file manager app. A black background for the app drawer and others. That takes a long time to set up a phone like that and is why I resist a FDR at all costs. But all that effort pays off with great SOT.

• darkstar64darkstar64 CaliforniaPosts: 14

Ok, so I've been able to download all the necessary files. I've gotten the phone to where it's at B20. I've just finished 3.3. I've read where I need to boot into the phone and make sure OEM unlocking and USB debugging are on. I've done that. i've now rebooted into the bootloader. I'm running Windows 10. From the unrar'd ADBFastbootTWRP_PC-Package folder i've run a command prompt and ran fastboot oem unlock.

Nothing happens it just says 'waiting for any device'. Any idea where I've screwed up or where I should go from here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• darkstar64darkstar64 CaliforniaPosts: 14
    edited June 28, 2017 2:35PM

Thanks for posting these instructions. I was finally able to get through though still not certain why I was stuck at the fastboot oem unlock part. Kept repeatedly trying and one time it worked. Led to me installing Lineage which was a revelation. Phone works so much better with Lineage it's almost like a different phone. It makes me wonder how many of this phone's issues are shoddy software related.

Again, thanks so much for all your hard work!!

• @drakenfx can I just use B20 to update from B29 or well it cause an issue? Does B20 software allow sideloading? Thanks again for all of your work!

• @drakenfx the files at the link https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=160059 are no longer accessible. I am in B25 and trying to unlock and then install Lineage. Please help.

thanks!

• chrisgpaynechrisgpayne Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

@frankblock said:
    @drakenfx the files at the link https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=160059 are no longer accessible. I am in B25 and trying to unlock and then install Lineage. Please help.

thanks!

I think its just the html-ification of the URL by the forum redirect where "&" is incorrectly converted to "amp;". Try typing it manually, or remove the "amp;" once on androidfilehost.com.

HTH

124»