Blade V8 Pro 3.5mm Headphone Jack

omillbroomillbro CaliforniaPosts: 17 ✭✭✭

I received and activated my new Blade V8 Pro on 3-6-17; here I am 5-6 days out and started to noticing last night that sometimes when my headset is unplugged from the 3.5mm jack the phone sometimes indicates that the headset is still plugged in. Although in these instances I am still given a choice by the phone to switch between the speakerphone or the headset the headset has been unplugged. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to correct this problem? Right now when this problem occurs the only way that I've been able to ensure that the phone microphone/headset/speaker indicators correctly, audio input/output sources, based on what is plugged in 3.5mm jack, is to restart the phone.

Answers

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod

​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community. I don't currently have this device, but will check into this and see if I can get some information for you. Should you need anything else please let me know.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey ​, not that this will fix the issue, but this morning an update came out for the V8 Pro. Please check to see if B19 is the version you are now running and we'll go from there.  Thanks!

• omillbroomillbro CaliforniaPosts: 17 ✭✭✭

Thanks, IBBD please let me know if u find out anything.

I updated to B19 this afternoon. Intermittent problem with the 3.5mm Aux jack still occurs.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

, are you aware how to clear cache partition, and have you tried that?

The link below link will take you to a picture of my new ZTE Blade V8 Pro phone exhibiting its strange behavior, notice there is no headset plugged in although the phone's display indicates there is

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B44SVlc2KiMFU3pHUzRrRE94Z1U

After talking with ZTE product support people via an online chat session and telephone I was double disappointed to find as a new customer that I would need to be without a phone for 10-14 days, to send my phone back to ZTE for testing, repair and/or replacement. The only other choice I was given was to pay $99 for some type of express process. Wow, I did not buy a ZTE product to be without it for up to 14 days. Six days after buying it. Had I have known this was the type of product reliability and support process I was subject to I may have made a different purchasing choice. I need my phone for business purposes, therefore I need ZTE to replace the Blade V8 Pro with a new one that works correctly completely, without placing most of the burden and inconveniencing for what is clearly a new product problem on me as the customer. Who can I talk to within ZTE that is customer focused that is willing to solve the problem with my new ZTE phone?

• zte_usazte_usa United States Posts: 177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, , thanks for reaching out! We will be happy to assist get this issue resolved. Please DM us for options.

What does DM for options mean? I am not familiar with that term. Can u just tell straight out what u want me to do?

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,958 admin

DM stands for Direct Message. You can go ahead and follow ​ within the forum to send them a message.

I sent them a message and received No response. However, I did receive an email from someone on the [email protected]

domain asking me a few questions about the problem. Although I don't know who this and why they were inquiring? I answered all their questions. Did where this inquiry will lead stay tuned and we shall see.

please follow ​ within the community so that they may direct message you. They have not received a response from you within the community.

Uh, click on the link in your reply and you will see the message I sent them. If you are suggesting send them a message in some other way then I do not understand what you're talking about. My goal is a simple one, and that is to get ZTE to replace the new phone I bought directly from them and delivered to me on 3-6-2017 by ZTE. I sent ZTE multiple messages directly through their website, telephone, and chat session in this matter, anyone who says anything differently is simply inaccurate.  I don't know how a customer like me can use more "Direct Messaging (DM) in their communications than what I have done and described here?

You're fine. The agent has sent a message and is looking forward to your call. Customer service will be able to assist you.

The replacement phone has the same problem with the 3.5mm headphone jack as the original Blade V8 Pro. The evidence clearly illustrates a bug in this area. Since I do not have the additional bandwidth to spend on this problem, no further unsolicited input will be coming from me to ZTE regarding this issue. However, should ZTE decide in the future that they have an interest solving this problem and would like customer feedback in pursuit of a solution, please feel free to contact me. In the meantime, I will utilize Bluetooth as a workaround for solving my headset needs. The Bluetooth functionality seems to be working properly with the phone.