Big problem with ZTE TECH SUPPORT, I need information to the higher ups at ZTE.

I would like to write a letter to the management at ZTE, please assist if you have a address and contact name.

I will explain my issue with ZTE which I feel is completely unacceptable and just overall a disgrace to be called a company.

I sent in my axon 7 2 weeks ago for warranty exchange, the issue was the phone didn't display at all, it powered on but no display lit up. I stated this is my emails with customer service and tech support. I proceeded to contact ZTE by phone. 

I shipped it off about 2 weeks ago, today I got it back...

NO receipt showing what they done to fix the phone, no information about the repair.

They shipped me the phone is a small white box with no padding, no receipt.

And to top it off the PHONE DOES'NT WORK, IT STILL DOESN'T LIGHT UP, THEY DID NOTHING AT ALL, POOR POOR SERICE.

So I called customer service, he basically just said "sorry" and offered a advanced repair with means I have to have a hold on my CREDIT CARD for $399 + 75 and they send me a new PHONE and I send back my phone which still wasn't fixed.

The customer service rep never stated what the tech did, he just said the technician said it's "FIXED"

He literally offered me nothing but a advanced repair, nothing else was offered, no higher ups, no explanation, nothing at all.

There is a reason Samsung and Apple rule the tech world, yes the phones are good but customer service and customer satisfaction is number #1.

Not this pathetic excust for a company such as ZTE,

ZTE YOU ARE A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE SERVICE WITH NO EXPLANATION TO WHAT HAPPENED.

If you have any information who to write a letter too, please let me know, I will speak my mind and head to the BBB, it won't help but it's something.

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,828 admin

, if you could, please send me a DM with your contact info and I will look into the situation for you.

Full Name

Email Address

Telephone #

RMA #

• sent a email to the one on file, i don't know how to send a dm.

• larryslarrys Posts: 38 ✭✭✭✭

He meant "Detailed Message" "Direct Message" (edited) with the information requested.  Good luck!

• sent it to him, I'll answer any question he has. This is not good for a company.

In the forum setting... a DM is a ''Direct Message''

• Sent

, I got your DM. I'll catch up with you there.

Thanks

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just so you understand, if you do an advanced replacement, you do not get a new phone. It will be a refurbished phone.

• celticchryscelticchrys Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

Yeah, from my experience last month with ZTE support, it seems that support only receives info from the repair center once per week (Wednesdays, I was told), so they can never give you up-to-date info on what is being done. They do not actually repair phones you send in, they just send you exchanges or do nothing. They also do not communicate if there is any holdup. An entire month to be sent an exchange phone. One CS rep even tried to tell me that my broken screen was out of warranty and there was nothing she could do for me, after they'd taken my $80 deductible and had me send in my phone, and kept it for weeks. She wasn't even familiar with the insurance included in Passport 2.0 at all, and apparently, my case file wasn't telling her anything about the fact that they'd taken my money and promised me a repair. Even the very day I received my replacement phone, ZTE customer service was unable to tell me what the repair center was doing, or when my replacement might ever be shipped out. Obviously, it had already been shipped for days, and they had no clue.

• They seem like a terrible company all around.

• stanthemanstantheman Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I have recently seen on this forum....I doubt that you will even get a "refurbished" phone but rather one that was sent in for repairs and shipped right back out to someone else with a different problem in the hopes that it will either miraculously fix itself in transit, or not be noticed by the new owner. ZTE is going down fast.

• Well, they're gonna overnight me a phone as soon as they recieve this phone back, I guess they won't budge at all. I'm just gonna throw it on swappa as soon as the refurb comes. No more ZTE for me, gonna get a better name brand.

• Zte can I get a update on when the device and received and shipped? I sent it in to FedEx on Tuesday it should have gotten received today.

Also so I want to see if you're to give me overnight shipping so I expect it quite soon. I will need some updates but so far I don't see much change. Let's see how this goes.

• I agree with you.

• techiitechii Posts: 33 ✭✭✭✭

I too, am not happy with this.......one of the reasons I bought this phone, was the two year warranty, which doesn't seem to be worth the paper it is written on.....hopefully I get at least two years out of it with no problems....

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭

yep :/

The easiest way to get this information is to use the customer service live chat. The Z-Community moderation team does not have direct access to this information.

We can make inquires on some of the issues that we see within the community but again more detailed information would be best received from customer service.

Contact Us | ZTE USA

• kimkim Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭

I agree. I've had a similar problem...twice. And...it is impossible to get any contact information.

• I got my refurb and zte overnight-ed as promised, so far so good, doesn't seem like any issues.

• It seems to be working fine, I don't know whether to sell it or keep it now, I really think for the price it's a good phone but I think the internals are cheaper hence the build quality issues.

I mean that I dropped my iphone MANY times in a case face down but as soon as the ZTE dropped display stopped working and I got that half screen issue that others had as well.

It's a good phone for the cost but it's still a $400 dollar phone at the end of the day.

I can easily sell and get something better name branded.

I will say ZTE did a good job keeping their word it came overnight as promised and works fine, it's the potential future issues that scare me.

So $400.00 isn't a lot for a phone ?

I'm afraid we've all been conditioned into thinking we have to pay $800.00 for a phone.

If you compare the cost to an A7 to other flagships on face value the $400.00 doesn't seem like much.

I've always felt it is important to put things in proper perspective when evaluating cost.

For $400.00 I build a pc that will run circles around any phone. For $15.00 I can speakers that will just shame the sound from the A7.

I could go on about what else the $400.00 could buy but I think you get the picture.

What is really interesting is that if you wait 18 months or more from when a phone is first released, you can buy a brand new phone at about 60% of the cost of what it originally sold for. You have to do some diligent searching but it can be done. I've done it myself.

Think about it.

• I have no issues with the phone, however I don't want to deal with the warranty thing again. I commend ZTE for doing a great job at keeping there word and sending a good refurbished phone. As for cost, that's up to the person for a $400 dollar phone it's a great phone for what you get. It's top notch to me.

I agree with you. I like my A7.

But I believe $400 is more than an adequate price for any flagship phone.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is there are only a few true flagships priced at $400.  And with what the Galaxy S8 and iPhone 8 are looking at?  $1000 is the rumor? Something's got to give at some point.