ZTE Axon 7 vs ZUK Z2 Pro

elflaireelflaire Kampala - UgandaPosts: 101

The battle for affordable flagships rages on. I have already seen a lot of comparisons drawn between ZTE Axon 7 and the competition flagships. However one that I am more curious about is Lenovo’s ZUK Z2 Pro. It has a lot in common with the ZTE Axon 7 – and even packed with more health and fitness sensors. I know it may fall short in some areas but it gives the Axon 7 a run for the money. Is it a worthy competitor to the Axon 7? What’s your take?

Here are some noteworthy features of the ZUK Z2 Pro

• SoC: Snapdragon 820
  • RAM / Storage: UFS 2.0 64GB, 4GB RAM or 128GB, 6GB RAM
  • Display: 5.2-inch Super AMOLED 1080p
  • Camera:13 MP, f/1.8, OIS / EIS Dual – ISOCELL Sensor
  • Battery: 3100mAh non-removable
  • Sensors:Heartbeat sensor, UV sensor, Fingerprint sensor, and Altimeter
  • Ports: USB 3.1 Type-C, Quick Charge 3.0
  • Price: Yuan 2299 (4GB – 64GB), Yuan 2699 (6GB – 128GB)

Comments

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Axon 7 wins for me, near stock android, front facing speakers are whyI am hooked to Axon 7.

• alanquestalanquest KenyaPosts: 106 ✭✭✭

Although the Z2 Pro is cheaper by $100 to me it can't match the benefits of the Axon. First the sound, then the look, then the screen size and then the camera (can't confirm if the axon's will look better though). All these are a deal breaker for me when I have to choose between the two. Oh forgot the option of the VR, 2 year warranty and I believe good after sale service like updates and such.

• amulamul Mumbai IndiaPosts: 14

well yeah .. axon 7 is one of the prettiest looking device.

Both hands down

indeed.

wish Z2 had an expansion slot.

why lenovo still stuck at 1080p screen. when competitors are moving with QHD..

Expansion slots nowadays are standard for any phone. I'd much rather look at the Ulephone Future, although it has Helio P10 chipset.

i like phones with aluminum body.  and wow

Ulefone Future

is truly bezel less...cool.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Axon 7 all the way. The 5.2" screen not big enough for me. Tried an HTC 10 w/ 5.2" screen and it was too small for me. A 5.5 -5.7 is the perfect size for me.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would consider the Zuk Z2 or the Pro if it was available in the US (with correct bands for LTE) and at the same low cost... Zuk 2 is an interesting device, 5" screen and packing quite a bit of hardware in it. Axon 7 looks better and love the front facing speaker.

• chrsnchrsn New YorkPosts: 217 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had a Zuk Z1 and while it was a fantastic device I ultimately returned it. It felt like once I bought the phone updates were up to the user or took forever, which isn't a bad thing, but don't promise X and then do Y when your a new company (offshoot in this case but still).

I feel like this might be much of the same, although at the pricepoint for the base model I may consider giving it a second shot.

Yup, it's pretty.

And a near stock UI.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Z2 just doesn't seem to be in the same league to me. Not available in the US either.