Speaker Distortion Axon 7

I was just wondering if any of your ZTE axon 7 phones have a distortion or fuzzy sound in the background when listening videos using Dolby Atmos on the lowest volumes of the phone because I have the distortion sound on mine.

Message was edited by: sshasan

Title updated - Incorrect spelling left thread unsearchable

Comments

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have 'volume leveler' enabled on Dolby Atmos when your volume is low?

• yep, volume leveler destroys sound quality for low resolution audio files and files with really quite channels. Turn off all the "enhancements" and leave equalizer at manual, or turn it off. Dolby Atmos does more damage than good most of the time

• So, I don't have a hardware issue?

• Do you have a fuzzy noise in the background also?

• Yes

Then you don't have a hardware issue and you dont have a software bug either. Just disable the volume leveler on Dolby Atmos  when listening to audio at a low volume.

• I did, there is still the fuzzy noise

• gazoogazoo Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am wondering why you started 5 threads for the same topic?

12kwak

• Nobody replied to some threads

The audio you are playing could be of low quality or is it possible that you manipulated the eq in Dolby atmos? Does the fuzzy sound still play when you have turned of Dolby Atmos? If so then can you play higher quality and see if the sound still persists.

• Ok

• The fuzzy sound is barely noticeable when the Dolby is off.

• Also, I don't hear the fuzzy noise with the demo in the Dolby app.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Previous threads locked. Please stick to this thread for further discussions on the issue that you're having.

• Yes

Thats a good sign! Do you still hear the sound when you play this |HQ-FLAC| Phil Collins - Another Day in Paradise - YouTube

• I hear a bit when the music is quiet. But when the sound get loud, I don't

hear it

So did I ( I no longer have the Dolby EQ) I think fuzzy sound is normal.

• Do you have the fuzzy sound when you have the Dolby on?

Sometimes I did, most of  the times I didnt notice. I would play music on loud so the fuzzy sound wouldnt be prominant and I played videos on medium to low. I only noticed the fuzziness when I played music on low volume.

• When it's on low volume, do you hear the fuzzy noise when it's away from

you or when its right at your ear.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ there was many responses to your threads, but your only putting small bits of information into your post. It’s very difficult to follow a thread if you have to read through 40+ comments or multiple threads to get more information on what your issue is. So to get this all clear, you have a little static on every video not just some and it’s when you’re on lower setting of volume and when you hold it up to your ear and also when you have head phones plugged in? Is this on Youtube, hulu, some other app, the web, anywhere that you watch a video from is doing it? It’s also there with or without Dolby on? Back when you first posted we were on an older build, what’s the build # you are on now?

• I'm on B19. The static sound was lowered a bit when I updated the phone.

But, the static is still there.

• I just started having this issue today. Before and after the 7.1.1 update. Fuzzy distortion started in YouTube, and I thought it was just that app. But then I realized my voicemail sounded fuzzy too. So maybe it's a hardware issue?

I tried disabling the volume leveler like suggested, but that didn't work.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When the issue happens, what happens if you turn dolby atmos off completely?

• I don't hear the fuzzy noise in the background anymore but when I put the

speaker to my ear, I can hear it a little.

• I have this issue also when I turn dolby off its fine but honestly I remember when dolby worked great at every volume that's why I really want this fixed regardless of the setting in atmos or what was turned on or off it all just worked but now there's the fuzzy noise. Please fix this ZTE

• At loud volumes it goes away but as said above it used to just work why doesn't it anymore.