VoLTE is working on VZW

Hey guys, with some help from ignition386 on Reddit, i was able to enable VoLTE and HD Voice on my Axon 7. Now, before we get too excited, i will preface that I am on Lineage OS. (Love Lineage btw) BUT (big but here) i definitely think there is a way to enable it on regular miFavor.

Firstly, you will have to enable the capability on your Verizon account, through your computer. I had done so a long time ago on a Droid Turbo, but I'm pretty sure you can enable this regardless of what phone you have, it will just say "this device may not be compatible, blah blah," and if not you might be so lucky as to know someone with a vzw volte phone and just borrow/swap sims for a moment to enable the settings.

Secondly, i went to the secret settings (*#*#4636#*#* in dialer), then the phone network settings, and clicked enable VoLTE provisions. It WILL TURN ITSELF OFF at least once, but just keep turning it back on until it stays on. Then, (probably not necessary), i turned it off and turned it back on until it stayed on again. Lastly, without pressing anything else at all, i held the power button in to bring up it's menu, and i hit restart. I didNOT back arrow out or press home.

Boom. It works. I had done this previously on my own without the reboot and it did not work. So, if you have VZW and Lineage, congratulations, you, confirmed, have VoLTE capability. Honestly i think those with stock miFavor should be able to enable VoLTE as well, because this in my mind proves it is not​ an issue on Verizon's​ side, it's the phone.

Please someone with miFavor try this to see if it works though!

Comments

• vzwcdmavzwcdma Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

It's been working on Verizon since the 7.0 Nougat release, and is confirmed to work both on the stock ZTE ROM as well as LineageOS.