Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Does the fingerprint sensor on your current Smartphone meet your needs?

Comments

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

HAHA! Now, that could get awfully annoying, awfully quickly! A friend of mine thought he'd be cute and install a facial recognition system run on the Raspberry Pi 2 and the Azure database to lock and unlock his front door. It works, as far as the facial recognition system, but it doesn't always unlock the door, which leaves him using his key in the back door to access his own house. He whines about it all the time, but all I can do is laugh and question his decision not to get rid of it.

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like my daddy always says "To err is human... to really F stuff up you need technology!!!"

Yes, indeed! Give me a little tech and I'll show a giant $#*% UP!

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Ah cool, friend has a bluwin HD so i was just curious

The day I buy another Windows Phone is the day I'll commit myself to the loony bin for safe keeping.

Thanks, ​, but I won't waste more money on a Win phone. It looks like the A7 won't work out for me, unfortunately, as it's lacking Verizon's primary band 13. Unless I want to let go of 4g LTE, which I'm not particularly fond of doing.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you saying the US version is lacking the band 13 for Verizon?  Because the FCC says different: LTE 2/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/30/41,

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Pick up, move, start a new life, leave everything behind, all in the pursuit of gsm coverage for the a7 lol

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much...

I hope that's correct! I haven't seen those specs anywhere else, but I'll assume for now the FCC knows what it's talking about. ZTE hasn't listed full specs anywhere, that I know of.

If I could, I would. If I could just tow my property down the road a bit I'd do it, but packing up all my crap in the workshop would be a nightmare. Maybe I can convince Verizon or T-Mobile to build a closer tower.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

See my response in the other thread.  It's really up to Verizon to allow it on their CDMA network.

True! I know the Oneplus 3 works for phone calls on Verizon, but not for data, though I don't know what bands it supports.

The sad thing is that Verizon has their consumers in a tough spot in regards to this, but there are worse offenders. A CDMA regional carrier here called CSpire doesn't allow any phones they don't sell on the network. So their consumers don't even have the option of the few unlocked devices that will work on Verizon. They also have a garbage selection of devices. I am glad that we have good AT&T coverage here as an option though. Things could be worse on the CDMA front for ya though.

Yeah, CDMA carriers aren't the best option for those who want a wide variety of choices. I think if I write them a strongly-worded letter they'll probably change  their minds, though. I'm sure they care enough about their customers to change their rules, right?

We can all dream.... Just read over that post again.. Had to change a "their" to the correct "there".. Sometimes autocorrect is the devil as well.

Their, their, sweet child, autocorrect will be our friend once the programmers figure out a way to pull they're bosses heads out of there collective poop-chutes. 

Haha! I try to proofread stuff most of the time, but sometimes things slip by.

I used to be more vigilant about proofreading, but the internet makes it awfully easy to just hit the "Post" button and move on to the next thread. Oh well, as long as know what the other means then all is good.

Haha, I hear ya.

• rkprkp GaithersburgPosts: 280 ✭✭✭✭✭

am looking for lgv10. Just want to know about the current s.w version it is having. can you pls give any info on it?

• micahdubosemicahdubose Rock Hill SCPosts: 133

T-Mobile version is updated to Marshmallow which means unlocked, it's also Marshmallow. I haven't tried it with that, but I've read enough to feel confident in the update bringing better performance to an already formidable flagship.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

Hello Everyone,  Have your opinion heard. There is a Survey for Fingerprint Scanners   and it not only allows ZTE to here what you like, and don't like, but it can also give you an easy 100 points! Check it out!

​ Your awesome!!! Thank You:)

• syaoransyaoran Manassas, VA/Toronto, CanadaPosts: 185 ✭✭

I am very happy with the accuracy and responsiveness of the fingerprint sensor/reader on the back of my Nexus 6P. 

• Yeah it does, but I wish they had one up front as well, and that you can assign different tasks to the button, like.. camera shutter.. or if it's on, you press it to put it in sleep mode. or something.

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

It does. It has been disabled the whole time I've had the phone.

​ Hello, and Welcome to Z-Community You don't care for fingerprint scanners on phones, or is there another reason it is disabled? If I can help with anything please let me know.

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't have a need for one. I'm not really for or against them. I try to keep my devices as simple, and fast to operate as possible. Scanning my fingerprint is just an extra step keeping me from what I'm wanting to do.

I probably wouldn't use the upgraded version either. I don't keep anything sensitive enough on my phone to warrant the extra step.

If I used android pay, or kept financial information on my phone I would probably be more likely to use it, but I don't.

This discussion has been closed.