Does the zmax stand the test of time?

I made the mistake of selling my T-Mobile Zmax awhile back but I wanna know if the device stands the test of time? What's your experience guys, thanks.

Comments

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I have the zmax 2 now and I still have the other and use it as my work phone and its been a year with it and still works great to me.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,338 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not surprised

Yeah and I take good care of my devices in general too so that helps lol

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,652 admin

I have yet to find a phone that can compete with the battery life of the original ZMAX ... I've managed to consistently get over 7 hrs of screen on time (SOT) with the device.

• ericwithcheeseericwithcheese Seattle, WAPosts: 43

Makes me wonder why they changed the battery for the Zmax 2 to be a little shorter.  I still get outstanding battery life, though.  And I am glad it is removable, so I guess that is the trade off.

Removable batteries are always a plus!

sshasan love the new pic!

Thanks! The ZMAX is where this whole journey started for me. It was time to show it some respect.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,117 mod

In my Ali G voice "Z-Max, RESPECT!!!"

Same here, hence one of my other pics haha

• betobeto Posts: 84 ✭✭✭✭

I registered on this forum to learn more about the Axon 7 but found this thread and I have an opinion.

Personally, the original Zmax has been the best phone I've ever owned. I also have a Nexus 6 and the 6 just languishes in the corner while the Zmax gets the use. THE mighty max still feels fairly fast and reliability has been outstanding. battery life after all this time is still much better than battery life on that newer Nexus phone. In short, the original Zmax is  still a usable phone. If I do end up replacing it with the Axon, it will be somewhat bittersweet.

I hear ya on that on it was real hard going to the zmax2

• I absolutely LOVED the original ZMAX. It worked flawlessly for a year and a half. It was difficult for me to give it up. I only upgraded to the PRO because of improved display and features. But.. If I had to stay with the original ZMAX I would still be happy. It's a GREAT phone.

That is the truth right there!

absolutely rock solid device.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,338 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I never used the ZMax, but heard good things about it.

• 1bmwdriver1bmwdriver Philadelphia, PAPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

Purchased a ZMAX 2 about 1 month ago and am satisfied for the most part. I would, however,  prefer more a a standard Android UI and less bloatware. Also I prefer the policies of some of the more open OEMs with regard to prompt updates and unlocking. Why lollipop is fine, marshmallow and nougat would be even better and I don't think ZTE will make that happen.