Location accuracy??

Every time I switch on my location services on my smartphone, I receive a popup asking me if I want to "Improve location accuracy?", giving me the options to either agree or disagree. I don't want to do this, and I'm fed up with having to tap "agree" every time. How can I permanently disable this popup? I've searched the web for an answer, and can't find anything suitable, as I do not want to use this feature. Leaving location on is battery drainer.

Answers

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you should hit disagree if you don't want to use the feature instead of agree.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That is strange, as those additional services should only ask you once, and some will ask you during the initial setup.

Most of the additional services attempt to accelerate the rate at which the device can get an accurate location, by referencing other data to narrow the search down. The additional data sources also allows the GPS to maintain some tracking ability even when there is no satellite signal, e.g., driving in a location with little to no sky visibility, or in locations with tall buildings where the receiver will not be able to hold a signal from 4 or more satellites.

Anyway, those additional technologies to assist the location service are beneficial, and when you accept, they should not ask you again.

If you can, head to Settings > Advanced settings > Location, and and try clicking on the Accelerated location (izat) option, and accept, and see if it asks you again for permission after accepting it from that menu.