Tutorial: Making and receiving calls using Quartz and your phone

samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There are two of settings that you need to be aware when comes to making and receiving calls on the Quartz and your paired phone. They are:

• Connectivity-->Cellular-->Advanced-->Watch shares number with phone
  • Connectivity-->Bluetooth-->Play phone audio on watch

Below describes various options available with the given setting:

Watch Shares number with phone

Bluetooth Play Phone Audio on watch

Outgoing calls made from watch

Answering incoming calls to the phone’s number

Calls enabled

Disabled (default option and cannot be changed)

Will only made using the watch’s phone number

Incoming call to the phone’s number will only ring on your phone and not on the watch.

Calls Disabled

Enabled

Have the option to choose the calling device: Watch or Phone.

Incoming call to the phone’s number will have notification on both the phone and the watch.

Able to pick up and answer the call on either device.

Calls Disabled

Disabled

Will only made using the watch’s number

Incoming call to the phone’s number will have notification on both the phone and the watch.

Able to pick up the call on either the watch or the phone; however, calls can only be taken on the phone and not on the watch.

Comments

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this great post I've always been confused by the "watch shares number with phone" setting.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,920 admin

Excellent info !

• thecarpenterthecarpenter Mesquite, TexasPosts: 635 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is really great info and it worked well for me until.....I paired quartz with and my bt ear buds with quartz.

I'm expecting to get calls forwarded from phone to watch and they be conducted through my bt earbuds.

Currently incoming calls connect and no audio is heard from any connected devices including the origin of call.

Quartz is activated through T-Mobile on a data plan and has it's own number.  Can you help?

Thanks,

Rick

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

From what I understand with the "play phone voice on watch" setting. This basically forward the phone's audio to the watch via BT. And this will only let the watch acts as the "headset" where you would use it to carry the conversation. I tested with a BT headset paired to the watch and I also do not get audio routed to my headset when a call is made to the phone's number (like you described). I was able to still carry on the conversation on the watch without any problem.

If I made a call to the watch's own phone number, then the audio will get routed to the BT headset without any issue.

I do believe this is how it is suppose to function. Since the watch and the phone already paired via BT to rely audio when an incoming call is made to the phone. I don't think it is able to rely the audio from phone to watch and then to the headset.

So, if you would like use BT headset to carry on the conversation, then the caller must dial to the watch's phone number. I wonder with T-Mobile's digit program, maybe there is a possibility where if you register the number to their system, they are able to route the call to the watch directly where it will get forwarded to your BT headset.

Thanks samsamha. Great reply.

All that makes good sense to me. But I'm routing my calls from phone to

watch, via call forwarding. Not bt. So the signal is coming to the watch

via cellular connection. The bt connection between the watch and ear buds,

is first and only bt connection in line there with the calling function.

At least that makes sense to me. I can understand the possible conflict

with bt routing across the chain of devices in functions like play music,

where the app could be open in different places on both devices. But if bt

is only at the end of the signal routing, not its origins......shouldn't

this work?

I hope not coming across as argumentative. Just thinking I have a point,

aside from what we've both observed. And wondering if we're missing

something that would allow that this to work

Furthermore, I wonder why quartz supports pairing 2 bt devices

simultaneously, if this wasn't intended to work. Seems like a heck of a

feature to add, just for sharing audio with your buddies headset.

did you setup up call forwarding under "carrier setting" in the dialer. I just set up always call forwarding in the dialer and I was able to use the BT headset when a call is made to the phone's number.

• hectorbribiescahectorbribiesca Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a awesome post... THANKS A LOT SAVED ME FROM PULLING MY HAIR OUT LITERALLY ABOUT 10 MIN AGO.. and that why i love forums and the internet...

as best I understand, yes that's what I did.  But calls dont come through the headset unless paired with phone not watch.  It should still come through watch with no previous bt directive involved.

I meant on your phone. If you open the phone dialer and set it to always forward all of the calls to the watch's number (you could also set it to other option as well). Then whenever you have an incoming calls, it will always forwarded to the watch. Setting up forwarding on the phone's dialer lets me use the BT headset to carrying on a conversation when I pick the call up on the watch.

Ummm....the phone im currently using is having issues with call settings.  I've set it to always forward to watch's number, when the phone has allowed that to happen.

Beyond that, @samsamha are you then pairing your my headset with phone or watch?

• lrh6677525lrh6677525 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭

Hi
    My ZTE quartz does not has show Play phone audio on watch function on watch bluetooth? so I can pick up the call on either the watch or the phone; however, calls can only be taken on the phone and not on the watch. I need call pick up and talk on the watch, someone can help me ?Thank you.