ZTE Blade V8 Pro is magnetic?

Theres a spot in the phone(right front by the edge of the screen and behind it) thats magnetic. Is this normal?

Answers

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Top or bottom of screen?  Speakers usually have magnets, could it be that?

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it was intentionally put there for flip cases they were originally developing, the magnets on speakers and vibrator on these phones are shielded.

• phonepainphonepain United StatesPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been trying out a magnetic mount with one of my Blade V8 Pros recently. I've found that if I put it behind the phone in the lower-right corner, the screen will black out. Removing the magnet lets the screen to turn back on.

I would tend to agree with what twinturboz said: that likely, there's a hall effect sensor located there, intended for use with phone cases that use a magnet to deliberately shut off the screen when they're closed. In other words, it's normal and expected operation. This is speculation on my part (I've not seen it documented anywhere from ZTE), but it is consistent with observations.

So long as I align the mount's magnet with the flat plate that the phone-mount maker supplied (which is carpet-taped inside the center of a polyurethane case, there's no issue with the screen shutting off.

• ttbzhourjttbzhourj United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

all android phones should have, magnetic can serve as a switch for some functions, like in google cardboard and flip covers