Has the Axon 7 been delayed indefinitely? ;-)

Imagine for a second that the title were true. What phone would you end up getting now? Oneplus 3? Wait for the new Nexus? Let me know in a comment below

Comments

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, that title is one way to get everyone's attention . I'd probably go for the Moto X Pure Edition.  It's got just about everything I really need for a great price!

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Community is getting antsy... Wait for the new Nexus, I guess.

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I knew the title was clickbait, look at my posts and you'll see. Haha! Anyway. I would wait for the new Nexus devices. I might do that anyway if they don't get it together in support of the Dev. community.

• techwiztechwiz CochinPosts: 56

Definitely the next nexus. It is a no brainer. Oneplus 3 is a beast only on paper.

• oldirtyewokoldirtyewok Champlain, NYPosts: 165

if there is no Axon 7, then my original plan was to go with Nexus 2016, and or the confirmed rehash of the Huawei Nexus 6P with updated internals.

Good thing there's no shortage of good phones on the market.  There's something for everybody and their grandmas!

• There are too many phones with great specs coming out.  All of them are a great value too.  Xiaomi Mi 5s, LeEco LeMax 2 Pro and Asus Zenfone 3 for example.  None of them stick out like the Axon 7.   Even the new Nexus is going to have to really raise the bar in order to stand out.  But it will probably be a rehashed HTC 10.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nexus.  Anything close to stock without a half-assed Chinese skin on it.  Don't mean to be rude, but most Chinese companies make their phones look like Apples.  If I wanted an iPhone I would but one.

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

SOMEBODY FINALLY SAID IT!!!!

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

• barbosasbarbosas Orlando, FLPosts: 153

I would wait for the new Nexus there is no definite answer whether it will be made by HTC or Huawei. I do like some of the Chinese Phones but they never make it here to the US or they don't have the right bands.

I was once looking forward to the Huawei Honor V8 but never came to the US and plus the camera didn't turn out as good as I thought it would.

• rkprkp GaithersburgPosts: 280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Style is a good phone. I heard that there is an offer price for 64GB version now

I guess it is Huawei. They confirmed it 2 weeks back.

• My heart sank until I saw the smiley face. I would have to go for either the OP3 or the Nexus 6P

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

this was a cheeky title to get us to click on....already a million posts asking this BUT since I clicked it

Probs the Lenovo phab 2 pro, looks ridiculous in a cool way

• ryano'connorryano'connor Milwaukee, WI Posts: 16

Wait for Nexus.  If that didnt look appealing for some reason, I'd check the OnePlus 3 or the Le Max 2.   Maybe grab the (most likely) significantly reduced price 6P.

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would actually be okay with a nexus based on the HTC 10 at a more reasonable price.

• I would save some money and pick up the Zenfone 3. At $250, it has pretty nice specs and ticks enough boxes for me that I would be happy with it.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a OP3 to try till the Axon 7 is launched. It is an excellent phone. I haven't had any issued with it at all. So, if the Axon 7 was delayed indefinitely I would use the OP3 till maybe the new Nexus comes out. The new Note 7 looks to be the king of phones if the leaked specs are right. However, I am sure it will be super expensive.  I can't wait till the Axon 7 is launched to get one to try out. It should end up being my daily driver.

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

Oh man, for that headline I'm going to sic Wally's artificially intelligent block of wood at you.

• flybriflybri LAPosts: 219 ✭✭

I'd probably pony up and get a Note 7 to replace my Note 5 if the Axon 7 was delayed for awhile

• shibobyshiboby AppletonPosts: 121

be careful, you might give some People heart attacks with that title;)

I'd buy the OP3 right now, not a second thought

hm.. interesting. may be nexus is coming in 2 versions (like LG & Huawei did this time)

http://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-confirms-2016-nexus-696534/

• gaurab43gaurab43 Maryland, U.SPosts: 113

Pretty sure one of the nexus model is going to be made by HTC this year. Huawei did say they making nexus but we dont know if they meant the phone or the tablet.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

"All Hype No Bite" = Oneplus 3   lol Your right.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

There aren't any phones out they that can satisfy my needs better than the Axon 7. Nerve Center all things you. Your Style. Your Passion. Your Performance.

giphy.gif

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• For me it would be a toss up between the next Nexus or the Note 7.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If it means anything Huawei just dropped its 2016 phone prediction by 20 million units.  Maybe this is an indication that they aren't making a Nexus model this year?  But maybe they will release early next year if they do?  I could just be reading into things.

Interesting you could be right didn't think of that. Does make sense.