[Android Tips] How to make your phone (seemingly) perform faster

davedave Ingolstadt, GermanyPosts: 84

Hello everybody!

In regard to I wanted to share my small tip

When looking for a phone many in here (at least the ones active in the Axon 7 forum ) are searching for a flagship device with the best hardware in order to have the best performance and to have their apps start very fast.

As I like my phone fast as well, I have taken a litte extra step to achieve this: I have reduced the animation scale.

When opening an app there always is an animation so the app is not simply put on the screen but more or less fills the screen fluently. But it takes some time.

If you also want to tone that down and make your phone feel snappier, this is the way to go:

1. Go to settings
  2. Open "About Phone"
  3. Scroll down to "Build number" and tap on it very fast for a few times. You should have "Developer options" now.
  4. Go back to the settings overview. Near the "About phone" section should be "Developer options". Open them.
  5. Search for the different animation scales and lower them or even turn them off. I have set every animation to 0.5x for example.

That's it! Your phone should feel a little snappier now than it did before!

Hope that helps

Comments

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,238 mod

Interesting... Just tried it and changed the settings as you recommended. Doesn't feel much different to me yet..but I will see how it feels the rest of the night. Thanks I learned something new

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Same here, doesn't seem to have made a difference, but learned something new anyway Thanks !

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I do this on all my phone's. I like the results.