Axon 7 Charging Issue

I've bought an Axon 7 last month (A2017 Chinese variant 128gb internal 4gb RAM). One day when my phone was shut down, I inserted the usb type c into the phone's port to charge it and it vibrated and turned on and showed the battery and the percentage but it was not actually charging and the percentage didn't go up even 1% and as I waited longer it actually discharged 1%. I didn't have this issue before that day so I pulled out the usb type c and inserted it in again and I saw that it was charging normally.

Later I figured out that the reason of that issue was that I unintentionally inserted the usb type c in the port in two pushes.(I mean I inserted half of the usb type c first and then push the other half into the port) So I checked it out and I observed that when my phone is shut down and I insert usb type c in one fell swoop then my Axon 7 starts charging normally ,but when I insert half of it first and wait for just a second and then push the other half and all of it into the port, the phone vibrates and turns on and shows the battery percentage but doesn't go up even 1% and if I wait longer it will even discharge 1%. FYI I 've tried several chargers,quick chargers,cables and the one that came in the box but the results are the same so if it is a real issue,the issue is with the software itself. I hope you guys can help me with this and tell me the reason and if yours have got the same issue. I would sincerely appreciate any replies.(my Axon 7 is still running 6.0.1)

Answers

• mi_lionmi_lion Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

Wow! Can only guess that being new the USB C port is tight and simple full insertion is meeting with some resistance. Perhaps after repeated insertions the connecting port will allow more smooth insertion than it did when new. I never have experienced anything like you describe other than new device port was more stiff when new out of the box. Mine inserts very smoothly after months of repeated charging.

Seems key thing for you now is to fully insert charger cable to insure all pins make full contact for charging.

(Fully seat the connector to its stop) Hopefully you not have a bent contact pin inside phones charging port, or lint or dirt has entered the slot!

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have read that this happens with other devices as well. You have to plug your usb c in completely the first time. I am not sure why this is, maybe a safety issue but just plug it in completely the first time and you should be ok.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ is right, it's been found that inserting half way causes issues, not only with the A7, but also with OP3, Galaxy S7, and others. It has to be some sort of safety issue.

• Exactly it's not just smooth. And when I first insert usb type c in the phone's port but the other side of the cable(usb type A) is not yet inserted into the charger(adapter) and I do it meaning half of usb A first then all and guess what happens, the results are the same(It turns on and  shows it's charging but actually discharging slowly.)

• Are you sure about Galaxy S7 ?( because it has usb 2.0)

• And I don't know about you guys but I think that if it's a safety feature or something like that then all A7s must have that feature. At least maybe the similar variants, whatever.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You're right ​, it may have been the Pixel I was thinking of.  But searching Google I found there are micro USB devices that have similar issues with plugs being half way in, including the Samsung devices, Garmin, and iPhones.