Dual-sim Axon 7 mini has only one IMEI

My Axon 7 mini is supposed to be a dual-sim device. But it has only one IMEI for the slot 1 and it does not recognize the sim card in slot 2. And the device settings does not have the Dual-sim settings. The build number is ZTE B2017G_BELLV1.0.0B06, the hardware number is P852A15HWV1.0 and the baseband version is P852A15H01. Can you find a solution to get both sim slots to work? Thanks.

Answers

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, if you don't mind, where did you purchase your phone?

• jcz88jcz88 CanadaPosts: 4

I bought this phone from a private sale. Why?

I bought an Axon 7 mini last month on amazon.com. It worked fine with my 2 sim cards. Unfortunately, it was broken and I returned it to amazon.com and no replacement available right away. I can't wait long time for it to be back in stock. I found this phone whose model number is exactly the same with my previous one on kijiji.ca. I thought it was the same so I bought it from another guy. By the way, I am in Ottawa Canada.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

what iif you only put 1 sim in the phone Try put the sim that works in slot 1 to slot 2, and see if you are able to make calls and get data working? see if the imei works?

I have tried to put the sim card that works in slot 1 into slot 2. It does not work.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ based on your photo above, the Mini you bought is not a North America model, the software version on the phone is also behind but since your not in the country the phone is sold for I dont believe its going to update. The US model states always states USA in the build number and they dont list a hardware version. The screenshot below is the update for the US that had the Nov security patch the first US update to include this patch was B16 which was pulled after release and delayed until the new build was released with the build # B21

Unfortunately after searching and searching I cant find what country that phone was designated for so Im not sure where to direct you for additional assistance. I have reached out to the ZTE team to see if they are maybe able to find out for us

Image result for zte b2017g screenshot

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can only find a couple of random references to this, but did Bell Canada sell some sort of custom version of the A7 Mini?  If so, that would explain the build number.

How do I get the User Guide for the Axon 7 Mini B2017G (Bell)?

• 10sne110sne1 Posts: 36 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe Virgin Mobile (Bell network) is the only one to carry the Axon 7 Mini in Canada.

Canadian version of phone doesn't support dual-SIM, only SIM/Storage Card.

Manual is here.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent find.

Thank you for the info ​ that explains why, this model is the Bell model as evident in the build # so that would be why only one sim works. That was a huge help thank you

• 10sne110sne1 Posts: 36 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I could help.  Would be really nice if there weren't so many different versions of a phone.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well, Thank ​ because he found your answer.  You have acquired the Virgin Mobile version of the A7M which doesn't support dual-SIM.

Thank you for the efforts, guys. If the hardware is the same, is it possible to install the US dual-sim version software to get this to work?

I dont know if the hardware is actually the same, I imagine its different and thats why it has a hardware version #