Xiaomi Mi 5s ,6GB Ram, Pressure Sensitive display & Ultrasonic Fingerprint scanner

musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Xiaomi Mi 5s , Pressure Sensitive display, Ultrasonic Fingerprint scanner and 6GB Ram

Rumored to be announced soon, ZTE could soon have some more competition in there home turf with another phone featuring 6GB of ram and a "force touch" display. Also known for there extremely competitive pricing Xiaomi has also recently made pushes to join in the current trend of entering the US market. If Xiaomi was to make its top tier phone available for the USA would you consider it ?

Best Answer

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

You can actual purchase a good deal of there phones unlocked through gearbest and some other import sites, depending on your carrier and your needs they will work here in the US, and with the use of Qualcomm chips they should support atleast 3G bands for the US even if the phone its self doesnt make it directly to the USA.

Answers

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If it were available?  Yes.  I would consider it.  But it's a long ways before Xiaomi will sell phones here, and establish a following.  I fear it will be same as Oneplus.  Poor customer service for anyone outside of China.  But yes, I will STILL consider it

As for customer support, ive never once had to call a support line to for me I dont really care what a companies support it like just because its usually easier and faster to search for a resolve yourself

4G is a necessity. I also like to purchase direct from the manufacturer.  Just my preferences.

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, and their fork of Android isn't my speed at all.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,217 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see Xiaomi phone comes to the US market with US network support... but seems like we're still pretty far away from them coming to the US. Would love to try out their phones, though I did have a Xiaomi Mi 1S I think that was the model.. and it was pretty crappy back then.

I mentioned about this phone in my post, as it was one of the upcoming phones that possibly could have 8gb of ram.

Lol I didnt notice your post but I wouldnt trust the post from pocketnow considering they state the phone might come with 16GB of ram which as we all know is NOT gonna happen lol .. Theres also been no rumors ive seen about it having 8GB of ram

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,217 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Although 8gb ram is not confirmed, I would still think Xiaomi wouldn't be left behind in the "race to 8gb ram" against LeEco, Oppo, and other Chinese manufacturers...

http://www.gizchina.com/2016/06/23/xiaomi-mi5s-and-mi-note-2-rumoured-with-snapdragon-821-8gb-ram-and-dual-cameras/

oh theres no doubt that Xiaomi will definitely have a 8GB phone in no time lol, Xiaomi is well known for being very aggressive with the tech spec race

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,525 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, I would consider it but I would need to see what kind of built it is ( metal, glass). Also what would the OS be Google, ect ect.

Hopefully it will be a solid metal build, as for the software I would say a heavily skinned version of android lol

Xiamoi's skin is very Apple like, and many in the US don't like it.  But more and more manufacturers are moving closer to stock.  Even Samsung seems to be giving in a little with the horrible Touchwiz.

We can only hope right ​ cause Xiaomi usually has a horribly ugly UI lol

I agree, one of the many reasons I'm drawn to the Axon 7 is the almost stock Androis look and feel.

same here, and the front speakers are the deal sealer for me lol

and this year the Amoled screen is a huge part to