** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B25 **

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community AdministratorUnited States Posts: 1,303 admin

We've got great news for Axon 7 owners: another software update is upon us, rolling out in the next 48 hours. This update brings us to the latest build, B25, which incorporates several pieces of feedback from our community since the initial Nougat launch. Please find the release notes below:

Release Notes:

• Enables "Night Mode" setting
  • Supports 256GB microSD cards
  • Allows users to disable some stock apps
  • Optimizes the "Do Not Disturb" function
  • Fixes various Wi-Fi Calling issues
  • Improves device stability and security
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements and other fixes

NOTE: It is always recommended to remove your SD card prior to software updates to avoid potential update interruptions.

Drop a line below after you've updated and share your first impressions!

Comments

• redbirdredbird MichianaPosts: 48 ✭✭✭✭✭

Update seems to have gone fine for me. I did take out my sd card as suggested. Time will tell I suppose.

I did notice there is still a Hiya update available through the app store and still cannot be updated that way so I'm guessing the latest Hiya update was not included?  I don't know that it's a big deal, but I wonder why if it is included with system it cannot be updated?

Thanks for the update.

• crcostelcrcostel ChicagoPosts: 65 ✭✭✭✭

Just got it pushed out to me. Keep up the good work ZTE

• It's a shame that ZTE didn't include the latest (April) security patch.

• stanthemanstantheman Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still no ability to control the length of time the notification LED stay lit. OH well. LTE signal still stinks. Oh well, that's why I will be replacing this phone soon. It will make a good emergency phone.

• rwhoggrwhogg Palestine, TexasPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received the update about 2 hours ago. So far everything is working. I have not found any issues. I noticed that Hiya Caller ID updates now in the Google Play Store with no problems.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Updating now! This is a very nice upgrade from B19. The Axon 7 is getting very polished and I'm liking it more with every update.

• mismarmismar Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thanks for the update! Keep improving a very good phone, which shows commitment with the community. Today ZTE is a good brand; they listen and keep getting better and better. Just think when this phone got out to the streets, and the phone that is today. It is a $400 phone with the quality of an $800 phone, and they are really getting better in time with the software. I had HTC X, HTC One, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, and now this phone and I am very happy that I change to ZTE. 

• rwhoggrwhogg Palestine, TexasPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

I updated Hiya in the play store after this new software update and it updated just fine no errors like before. I did do a factory reset after the update maybe that had something to do with it.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you ZTE, keep the updates coming!!!!   

• ooklathemokooklathemok Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

You serious, Clark? You're killing me, Petey.

• redbirdredbird MichianaPosts: 48 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, the Hiya app will not update for me. Still get the 505 error

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, night mode!

• "Improves device security"

I don't see April 2017 security patch from this update.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya does not update for me on B25, Play Store error.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The aggressive screen-lock killing apps still there.

Same here

• Is this the "Build number"  under *About phone*?  Mine is still B19...  So, I assume this will change soon?

Location here is NE Okla... if that matters...

Strangely enough the Easter egg is there.

Yes. B19 was the prior build,  B25 is the new one

• ryampolskyryampolsky United StatesPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Showing up as available to me.  I guess I'll update - but just to be sure, will the steps to unlock the bootloader and install LOS work with this version?  And while we're at it, whatever happened to the 'new bootloader unlock procedure' we were promised.  I suppose enough people have figured out how to use the old method that ZTE has stopped caring.  But it would still be better if they made an officially supported mechanism.  That said, I'm pretty satisfied with B19 and I imagine B25 will bring some small improvements.  Now that the speakers seem to work (or be very close to working) in LOS, it seems the only think keeping me on stock is T-Mobile WiFi calling, which keeps my battery from draining at work where I have lousy cell reception.  Still, one of these days there will be no choice but to go with LOS - unless ZTE keeps up the good work with their updates, and gradually stockifies things to the point that I'd rather keep my device officially supported.

Oh, by the way - nobody's mentioned it, so I assume this is still 7.1.1, not 7.1.2.  Can somebody verify?  Thanks.

• ryampolskyryampolsky United StatesPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm.  Assuming they're hard at work on a 7.1.2 update, maybe this update is a good sign.  Could it mean that they have their development track in good enough shape that it was easy enough to push out an interim update without messing up the main dev process?

• philphil Posts: 27 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the Night Mode setting does and how it is enabled? Thanks.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats what I'm thinking too. signal is still weak and hit or miss so i'll be looking to get a daily driver and use this as a back up