Welcome to our Beta Lab page.

No Current Recruitment Projects

Interested in Beta Testing... Do This First!

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Just Wondering....

delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

I was wondering when the beta testers should all have received the email by now right? Since they said all are in the process of being notified from the post yesterday. LOL I keep checking my email wondering.

​.  ​.  

Best Answer

• AerospacemanAerospaceman United StatesPosts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hello ​  All newly selected beta testers for this beta round have been notified by an email from ZTE.  There will be many future beta opportunities coming up so please keep checking the Beta Lab page. 

Answers

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

FYI, they were suppose to notify the contest winners of the Axon 7 a few weeks ago of the contest arrangements, yet still no email. Then the other day after my dispute over a few matters here, I thought they were going to get resolved when Peter reached out to me last week with an offer to call me. At that point, I was at my aunts when my cousin was over trying to help her with some television issues and as I was on the first floor and unable to safely move to the second floor for some privacy since my mother wasn't present to help me, couldn't very well speak to him right then. However, I responded to him offering him to call me in a few days when I returned home (moderated to clarify facts: Kurt never sent a follow-up message) and asked him to let me know when a good time would be to talk any time later in the week. Well, I never received any response, and I messaged him and the staff again the other day, no response about it (moderated to clarify facts: Kurt also did not send the said follow-up message the other day).

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Wow that's crazy to hear and very disappointing.

I can't be sure, , though I'm going to investigate it. I believe this community isn't officially being run by ZTE, but by a third-party contracted by ZTE to run the community for them. I'm disappointed too, because I have nothing but good intentions on my behalf here. I've spent several hours here contributing positively to this site, even sleepless nights where I'd be here responding and reporting software bugs to the staff whenever I found one. As I've been an administrator of several various online forums, even at a time representing a major human health rights organization in both the media and their then online forum. So, I know quite a bit about how online communities operate, and until recently, I thought the staff was doing one very fine job at it. Yet, some not so good things have been happening and the staff who initially reached out to me as I mentioned in my previous comment, is not getting back to me and I am trying to resolve things. I do hope they at least will respond to you, but I wouldn't necessarily hold it against ZTE, because quite honestly, I don't think they know what is going on here.

Edit Note : By the way, I just found another software bug I'll report here, rather than to the staff. It is minor, but it could cause some confusion to people trying to edit their posts. The action button doesn't work when trying to access a post thread in notifications. The person trying to do so must first go back to the forums list to the post thread in order to be able to edit posts. Not a very convenient thing to have to do.

Nice to know you marked your own response as the correct answer, , rather than letting decide whether or not to do it. After all, this is 's post thread.

Untitled.png

• AerospacemanAerospaceman United StatesPosts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I did mark it as the correct answer as it is correct.  ​ asked if the beta testers have been notified and they have.  That is the only correct answer to the question.

The point of asking questions here is for members who post the questions on the community to be able to decide themselves whether they think an answer is correct or not. Surely, your answer may be the correct one, but that should be 's decision to decide on, not yours. By marking your own answer as correct, is giving an option none of us regular members here in the community have on our own questions. You're just doing it because you have the power to do so as staff, which in communities of forum administrators is known as staff abusing their powers.

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

Abuse? did a good job on responding fast and correctly

Thanks for letting me know. Now I can stop checking my email. Hopefully next time.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

Thank you ​ you are very helpful to me and I know to others in the community. Even though I'm disappointed that I didn't get selected I will continue to hold my head high and try to help others in the community the best way I can. Your a great friend indeed!

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,257 mod

arysyn....I have one word for that entire comment... REALLY?

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think your response on this is an over -reaction. Are you having a bad day?

There is more going on than you know. This is just one of many things that is happening on the site that is not quite fair.

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Although we have been fair and respectful to you, it appears that your expectations are not reasonable. Furthermore, it appears that you are either not remembering facts correctly or misconstruing them to slander others. In our continued effort to be transparent with you, here is your reply to us when we asked if you would like a call to resolve any concerns you had: "I'll message to you if/when I get this resolved today, then you could call me on Skype." We waited but never heard back, so we assumed you would contact us when it was more convenient for you to chat.

Yesterday at around 3pm EDT, you contacted us again, this time about taking down a topic created by another member because it offended you. Upon initial review, our moderation team determined that the topic in question, "what do you do for school/work," was not generally offensive in nature. However, in order to give your request a deeper review and investigation, we responded within fifteen minutes stating that "the team is reviewing this internally and will be in touch with you this coming week." Fast forward 24 hours since you reached out about this, you posted the message above, misconstruing the facts and painting us in a bad light.

Circling back to the message we sent you yesterday, we will be getting back to you early next week. Until then, we simply ask that you no longer misstate the facts. Can we please agree to that?

He also did something that members cannot themselves do. Say for instance I had a question that someone else responds to. Normally, it would be my choice to choose whether that answer is correct or not. I certainly wouldn't want the person posting a response to my question to mark their own answer as the correct one. That should be the person who is asking the question to decide which answer to mark as correct or not. 's response by saying he marked his answer as correct because "That is the only correct answer to the question." ignores the fact that the choice is for the original poster to make, no one else's. That gives the individual with greater powers to override the original poster. If people here want the staff to be able to do this, then you lose all freedom to determine what you think is the correct answer or not, simply because a staff member says so. And to Peter, who I'll respond to in a moment, if this is slander, then we have a much bigger problem at stake when you use such litigious words like that to describe a fairly simple, yet still unfair situation.

, I sent out a private message to you and the other staff yesterday, with my phone number asking you to give me a time that you could call me. Earlier in the week wen you made the offer to call me, I was at my aunt's on the first floor of the home that her and my mother co-own, since the death of my grandmother a few years ago. My mother and I, along with my aunt, are in the process of making arrangements for my mother and Ito move in there, which are complicated by my ever worsening health condition. Like where I currently live in the place my mother is renting from a local tax consultant and realtor, both places are not exactly accessible for people with disabilities. We are in the midst of adapting one of the floors, potentially with an expensive stair chair lift system, in order to properly accommodate me. This despite my going by day by day in near chronic pain hoping not to wake up the next. I realize how inconvenient it is for my family to do this, hence why my being at my aunt's earlier this week while she and my cousin were trying to resolve issues with her televisions, I didn't particularly feel that was the best time/environment to accept your offer to call me right then. Besides, I didn't have much privacy to have a conversation about such issues.

However, I messaged to you informing you of the environment I was in at the time, but told you to give me an idea of when else later on in the week we could speak, and that I'd get back to you (moderated for inaccurate facts: Kurt's last message ended with "I'll message to you if/when I get this resolved today, then you could call me on Skype."). Then yesterday with me finally being home, I sent a private message to you and the other staff with my Skype number asking you to write back to me regarding when you are able to call me. I never got a response to that. Now while typing this message, you very well could be in the midst of typing a message to me with the response, which I'll check. Yet as of this writing, I've yet to hear from you since this comment you typed here, which prior to that the only one I received from you recently was the message where you asked to call me. Again, I'll go check my messages in the inbox after I post this. Perhaps the software is causing more difficulty, as the Jive software has been full of bugs (moderated for inaccurate facts: Kurt never sent this follow-up message).

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

Transparencey is great, keep up the good job

Thank you for your kind words, . You are a very valuable member here and I hope you have great experiences with the Axon 7 when you get it. I've received a lot of support here I hope the best for, including you.

Alright, I finally got a message from Peter and will be speaking with him on Monday.

I wanted to again Thank the Z Community Support and staff for responding to my post to any question or concern  that I have had. I didn't take offense to the answer that was provided early I appreciate the response was given.  Thank You for all you guys do for the ZTE Z Community!

• sirrussirrus CaliforniaPosts: 155

Hi Arysyn!

I'm back in NY and will send an email your way in a bit after catching up here. I've read yours and am reading now what you were talking about further after the convo we had about the off-topic disaster. Eva still is upset as you figure, glad you told staff about that and really bad they don't seem to care how it affects other people than those close to them on here. You've been a big help and part of this community and am glad we met here. You have my support and maybe the staff will understand you better once you speak with them then.

Keep me updated!

Thank you, Adam. I haven't heard back from the staff about your gf. I figure the reason they haven't responded to me about it might be due to my saying in the message I'll discuss further with Peter on Monday, so perhaps they haven't responded because they figure Peter will deal with the issue when discussing it more with me on Monday. Either that, or they may need to hear directly from you about the situation, which I'm not sure how they can when the Jive software this site uses requires both parties to follow each other before you can even message to the staff. So, unless the staff is following you and you are following them, you can't contact them. That I don't blame the staff for though, as this software has caused them a lot of hassle I'm sure they didn't anticipate. As I've told you and on the site many times, I had difficulty with forum software acting up when I administrated forums in the past.

Anyways, I'm really hoping I can get them to see how certain topics can be hurtful to certain people, even when the topic just itself may seem harmless. It really needs to be one way or the other with allowing off-topic posts. Judging which one may cause someone to be triggered and which one may not is very subjective. Thing is, even to those here I generally get along with on here other than this issue, have responded to me as I'm somehow fighting against having these rules, or that I shouldn't complain about the staff deciding which kind of post may cause someone pain or not, etc. There is a lot that goes on about this. Everyone and maybe not every person here knows this yet about me, though  know I've told many people. I use to counsel people in moments of suicidal crisis and have been told by perhaps a dozen or more people over the years how I helped keep them alive. I know what kind of topics can really bother people, and its a lot more than what most people would think just looking at a few words forming a post title. When thinking about this further, I actually understand the staff better for why they'd remove posts on this basis, rather than keeping a pretty open forum, other than those topics which are of course illegal, harassing, threatening, etc. Yet if this is to be done, it has to be on an equal basis to anyone who may be hurt by it. I'm sure it bothers you gf, Adam, and I'm going to try explaining better about it to Peter, and see what happens, as I've told you I'd do. Again, thanks for the support and enjoy your break.