zte grand x 4

Hello, since the recent update my phone did, whatever app i am running will shut down itself if the phone is in sleep mode for around 15 minutes. Happens with any music app and also if it is connected to my toyota via the entune app, it will shut down entune and disconnect from the car. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks

Answers

• I have noticed the exact same thing. Happens to my podcast app and Pandora. But there are no issues with Google Play music and the internal music app.

Anyone know how to troubleshoot. I am up to date on updates and this still happens.

• dvass77dvass77 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

I'm currently dealing with this issue. Did you get and resolution? I can't seem to find one.

Every third party music player will automatically crash after PRECISELY 15 minutes. This is a thread here (https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/14383/apps-turning-off/p1) that describes the issue on other phones. I have not heard of seen of any update/feature/solution that can fix it.

Support said that if factory reset didn't work then it needs to be sent in for repair.

Did anyone ever find a fix? Or get an update?

I'm using a ZTE GRAND X 4 (Z956)

Android 6.0.1

Baseband version: Z956H01

I'm wondering if there's any kind of update/patch I can implement that would offer a solution. As I said, supports online advice is sending it in for repair. Trying to avoid that if I can. No problems otherwise.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,483 admin

@dvass77 If you have the Z Camera App can you go ahead and delete it and try playing music again and see if that helps.