Matricom G-Pad Bluetooth Controller with the Axon Series

musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,780 mod
edited November 14, 2017 9:21AM in Axon

After lots of going back and forth I finally decided to pick up an Android controller. Having remembered the days of six axis and the annoying process of getting a controller to work in the old years of Android I was optimistic that the major drawbacks had finally been resolved. I decided to pickup a low cost controller and go from there and see how it functioned and draw an evaluation from this base.I tested the controller extensively for about 2 weeks before finally coming to a conclusion and I will say I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. This controller functions as both a bluetooth controller and a mouse for Android as well as works with PC and PS3. I tested it with the ZTE Axon 7, ZTE Axon Mini, ZTE Axon Pro, AXON M and with my PS3 (had some difficulty with this one but will get into this later in the thread) I used a variety of different games on Android and most of them thankfully noticed the controller connected and then mapped the functions accordingly, the only exception to that was ShadowGun which sometimes automatically did this and sometimes didn't. Let’s get into some of the details of this controller;

Pros:

*Excellent controller

*Has a sturdy feel, the buttons have a nice click to them.

*Doesn't have a cheap plastic feel

*Compatible with Windows, Android, PS3 and VR

*Rechargeable

*Low cost

*Can be used as a mouse on Android

Cons:

*Pairing and connecting to devices is a pain; You have to press a sequence of buttons to connect to each type of device. - I threw away the instructions thinking I wouldn't need it and was frustrated to find that I couldn't connect at all to any device. It wasn't until I went to the Amazon page to email the seller that I saw the instructions for connecting and was finally able to connect. It only shows the way to connect to Android but from that I was able to figure out what the other buttons where that I needed to press to connect to other devices.

*Connecting to the PS3 was the most difficult, plugged into the PS3 then once connected was able to remove the cord and connect no problems

*Even if your laptop has bluetooth is required being plugged into the PC to function

Amazon.com: Matricom G-Pad XYBA Wireless Rechargeable Bluetooth Pro Game Pad Joystick Controller (Samsung Gear VR, PC, P…

So what's your thoughts on Android gaming ? What controllers are you guys using ?

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,780 mod

This controller works great on the Axon M, alot of fun playing pc game streams and shooter games with a controller vs the touch screen

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've been wanting to get a controller for a while now for my Android TV but wasn't sure which one I should get. Plugging it in to get it to work first sounds a lot like what I used to do with the PS3 controller when I would pair it with my Android tablet. I always had to plug it in first and then it would pair and I could unplug it. Thanks for sharing this with us I'll have to add it to my wishlist and see if Santa is feeling generous this year or if I only get coal ;)

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,780 mod

Here's a pic