Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Just got B20 On Metro

13»

Comments

• thecarpenterthecarpenter Mesquite, TexasPosts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭

In your stock phone app, vm is probably designated at the upper right by a

"tape recorder" icon .....a circle touching on either side of an

underscore, basically

Screenshot_20170530-202111.png

• nightousnightous FloridaPosts: 8 ✭✭

I tried step 1 already and I know what the VM icon looks like. It just disappeared after the update. Wondering if there was a fix.

Ok. To begin, I don't know what you know or have tried so I don't mean to

talk down. We're all here to help.....or try

Have you tried clearing you cache in recovery mode? Do you know how to do

that?

Im running b20 as well and the screenshot I included I previous reply is of

my zmax pro on b20.

I cleared my cache partition and did a factory reset after the update.

That may be the difference. I know a factory reset is a major PITA though

I was hoping not to do a factory reset.but I didn't think about my cache.ill try that. Thanks. I'll let you know if it works or not.

Ok. So the cache reset didn't work and I tried to disable some programs not really needed. I'll just switch to metro visual vm. I have to much to lose on my phone to do a factory reset at this time.

That's completely understandable about the fdr.  And we shouldn't have to do that for a freaking update anyway, for the very reason you just stated ....it does help sometimes though.

Anyway..... Getting rid of metro apps is the first thing I do when I activate a new device or update an old one.

My metro, for payment convenience, and visual voice mail, are the only 2 things from metro that I use. 

I think you might actually begin to like, even prefer visual voice mail.  It's on demand

You might look for a slightly improved finger print sensor.  Somewhat snappier performance as well

not a crime.

Though....

not generally admissible in a court of law without prior knowledge(enacting consent) of recording, either.  It's moot

@sagudfood

At least ZTE does invest in the attempt to deliver a quality mid tier unit at a lower tier price to the consumer.  And with updates to boot.  Whether or not the updates are comprehensive enough for you,  at least they're doing it. 

What other OEM is doing that?  Go back to spending a week's salary on a phone if you want.  I like what ZTE is attempting/achieving

And you really think the kids working at metro, know what they're talking about?

Im just a carpenter and I've taught more of them, more about cell phone technology than they'll remember next time you're in there.  That's why you came here. 

@chOppedsushi

Fundamentally,

I couldnt agree with you more.

But while pc and Windows technology is very old, aos and smartphone technology in general is still 10 years young.  I remember having to do some pretty drastic system cleaning after updates in Windows,20 years ago. 

The impatience and short memory of folks these days. is uncanny

• Hi since last update in jan my phone really trips outs. If i uninstall and app sometimes it restarts my phone, cant make , outgoing calls at times, it freezes and starts over by it self and tons of other crap! Does this update fix any of this and do i absolutely have to do a factory reset?

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MaryIncognegroJane said:
    Hi since last update in jan my phone really trips outs. If i uninstall and app sometimes it restarts my phone, cant make , outgoing calls at times, it freezes and starts over by it self and tons of other crap! Does this update fix any of this and do i absolutely have to do a factory reset?

You ABSOLUTELY HAVE to do a factory reset.

• alton28alton28 Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭

Why do you come here making stuff up i my zmax pro for over seven months never had any problems with the phone just update the phone too the b20 update with no problem

13»