US trade reprieve extended...but only until end of August

npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

This may be a big part of the reason ZTE has been waiting, if they can't import Android from Google and/or chips from Qualcomm. As you can see in the linked article, the reprieve that ZTE had been operating under was set to expire at the end of June....now it's pushed back until the end of August. Maybe that gives ZTE enough room to release the Axon 7, I hope anyway.

U.S. extends reprieve from export restrictions to ZTE - FierceWireless

Comments

• I hope so. I remember reading about this a week or 2 ago making me afraid it would stop us from getting the Axon. An extra 2 months is enough time to get it! But I read someone also stated that it does not effect ZTE USA?

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

ZTE USA isn't the one doing the manufacturing though. ZTE USA imports from

ZTE, after ZTE imports stuff from the US to build the phones that they then

export back to us.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:33 PM bluebomber <[email protected]>

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I think it is important that I'm fairly certain legally speaking ZTE USA is pretty much a separate entity than ZTE. Good point

• naimaamaranaimaamara PhiladelphiaPosts: 42

The more I read about this, the more I am certain that this is part of why we have not seen the release of the Axon 7 in the US. It makes sense that they would halt all promotion like they did, if they were not certain their reprieve would be extended. With those leaked ads and teasers that were quickly removed, I really believe that someone forgot and released them on a pre-set schedule, which had to quickly be scrapped. I don't know... it's all speculation on my part, but it helps me feel a little bit more at ease knowing there might have been a legit reason for this hold up. I just hope July 4th is good to us all.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Like they said before don't have nothing to do with ZTEUSA.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

"Nerve Center All Things You!"  Your Style, Your Passion, Your Performance.

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

I'm sorry but that's just naive to think that ZTE USA would not be impacted by something that impacts its parent company that manufactures all the devices it sells.

The Ban is talking about technology being sold to ZTE to be used in products for Iran.

No, it's talking about technology being sold to ZTE, period. That's the

punishment. The alleged crime was ZTE importing technology from the USA to

be used in products for Iran.

Well, we will see how this affects the US release of the Axon 7. I understand we have two different opinions about this and it's cool.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

"Nerve Center All Things You!"  Your Style, Your Passion, Your Performance.

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,920 admin

In an effort to consolidate threads, let's continue this conversation here