ZFive 2 sd card adoption

I installed an SD card in my new ZFive, but I can't make it a part of the internal memory. The OS is Android 6.0.1. The card is a high speed Samsung 32 GB. It doesn't look like an error. The setting to format it as internal storage is missing. Anybody else have this issue or know how to fix it? As the phone has only 3 gigs of space, there isn't much room for my apps. It does work as a portable SD.

Answers

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This device does not support adoptable storage. Apps will not be able to be moved to the SD card.

• andyo70andyo70 New JerseyPosts: 1 ✭✭

Oh that's cute. I just got one of these and I've gotten it to format the card for internal storage but it will not allow me to install or even download anything from the Play Store after doing so and the storage setting to change your storage space is greyed out with the word "Phone" displayed. Guess I'm taking it back to Walmart. :\

• PhilW1010PhilW1010 Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

Wait, so then this phone is produced to be useless? With all the space the default programs take up you can only install 5-6 apps of a typical size before it is too full to use. How is that not some sort of massive design flaw?

• TommygunnzTommygunnz Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Wow for days not weeks my phone cannot tranfer files to my sdcare wt helllllll is up wiy

• ChubbieChubbie Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Is this serious...? I just payed $50 for this phone and instantly turned it on expecting to be able to buy an sd card and use it for app/data storage. This company needs to put in big red letters (You are stuck with 8gb internal for application storage, and we've already loaded it with bullsh*t applications that you'll probably never use. So in reality you can only use about a gig of storage.) Walmart says they won't refund me. I want this company to give me my damn money back. Why would you produce a quad core cpu phone and not allow adoptable storage. I don't want to hear the hole memory speed spew, that is a users choice not a manufacturers choice. Is this community in anyway connected to the main company? If so I would like to get in contact with a representative.

• ChubbieChubbie Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

@sshasan said:
    This device does not support adoptable storage. Apps will not be able to be moved to the SD card.

Is this community in anyway connected to the manufacturer of this phone? They should be in some sort of trouble for leaving such an important detail out especially about a feature that is most looked for.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Chubbie said:

@sshasan said:

Is this community in anyway connected to the manufacturer of this phone? They should be in some sort of trouble for leaving such an important detail out especially about a feature that is most looked for.

ZTE is the manufacturer of the phone, however, carrier devices are built to the specifications put forth by the carrier.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Chubbie said:
    Is this serious...? I just payed $50 for this phone and instantly turned it on expecting to be able to buy an sd card and use it for app/data storage. This company needs to put in big red letters (You are stuck with 8gb internal for application storage, and we've already loaded it with bullsh*t applications that you'll probably never use. So in reality you can only use about a gig of storage.) Walmart says they won't refund me. I want this company to give me my damn money back. Why would you produce a quad core cpu phone and not allow adoptable storage. I don't want to hear the hole memory speed spew, that is a users choice not a manufacturers choice. Is this community in anyway connected to the main company? If so I would like to get in contact with a representative.

Wow, really??

• cillarcillar United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Really, ZTE 5LTE is useless. I installed an SDHC card on my 2 year old LG L22 Android 5 and could move apps, photos, music! That phone cost $55. I'm sorry that I can't return this ZTE phone.

• Erica_lynn22Erica_lynn22 Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

These Phone Are No Good.

• AG623AG623 CaliforniaPosts: 1 ✭✭

Attention everybody that is stuck with the ZTE Z Five 2. I checked the specifications on the phone and apparently a SDXC card is needed so if a normal micro sd is used apps cant be transferred or something.

• DarkCoilDarkCoil USAPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

OK I'm confused on Specs for the ZTE ZFive2....Expandable: Supports microSDXC card, up to 32GB.... They only make 64GB and higher!!! So how do you get a 32GB?? I cant find none anywhere!
    After understanding the difference between microSDHC & microSDXC , which are NOT compatible, there are no 32GB SDXC even from SANDISK.
    So the question is...32GB is the limitation on ZFive2? or can a 64GB be used??????

• DarkCoilDarkCoil USAPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@DarkCoil said:
    OK I'm confused on Specs for the ZTE ZFive2....Expandable: Supports microSDXC card, up to 32GB.... They only make 64GB and higher!!! So how do you get a 32GB?? I cant find none anywhere!
    After understanding the difference between microSDHC & microSDXC , which are NOT compatible, there are no 32GB SDXC even from SANDISK.
    So the question is...32GB is the limitation on ZFive2? or can a 64GB be used??????

@DarkCoil the only difference is the capacity. SDHC is secure digital high capacity and SDXC is secure digital extended capacity. You can use either and you can get an SD card with as little as 4GB capacity but that would be a waste. A 64 GB card should work. Most phones list a size limit and people are always reporting that they're using a larger capacity card with no problems.

Ok even my manual says to use microSDXC. So looked it up trying to find a 32gb

SD Extended Capacity (SDXC™) card is an SD™ memory card based on the SDA 3.0 specification.
    SDXC capacities range from 64GB to 2TB

Default Format: exFAT

Because SDXC uses a different file system called exFAT and it works differently than standard SD cards, this new format is NOT backwards compatible with host devices that only take SD (128MB to 2GB) or host devices that only take SDHC (4GB to 32GB). Most host devices built after 2010 should be SDXC compatible.
    To ensure compatibility, look for the SDXC logo on cards and host devices (cameras, camcorders, etc.).
    NOTE: Internal card readers on laptops from 2008 and prior may NOT support SDXC cards. SDXC cards will work in SDHC compatible readers (not SD readers) if the computer OS supports exFAT. For more information on exFat see: Operating Systems that support the exFAT File System.

So I guess I'm gonna have to try microSDXC 64GB. From what I was told about ZTE ZFive2 needs the SDXC in order to work correctly. I will post back with my findings!

Thanks for the response jimlloyd40

• AureliaAurelia Maine, USPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@DarkCoil said:

So I guess I'm gonna have to try microSDXC 64GB. From what I was told about ZTE ZFive2 needs the SDXC in order to work correctly. I will post back with my findings!

I was wondering if it worked for you because I'm running into the same problem. Thank you in advance.

• Kalski12Kalski12 Columbus, NebraskaPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

I have found a way to move apps to sdcard I am able to now move may apps to sdcard
    Follow this article i unlocked the ability to move the apps by force formatting the to internal
    a You need a computer android adb tools and a little of command line knowledge

Here i followed these instructions if youre on use the same command but with ./ in front of it

http://www.modaco.com/news/android/heres-how-to-configure-adoptable-storage-on-your-s7-s7-edge-r1632/

Yes i know but the adb tools is for all android os and devices i know its for galaxy but the cmmand worked i tested it out so i did it my self and it allowed me to format it. Heres another link it works no matter what device

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/145457/i-want-to-split-one-microsd-card-into-two-parts-part-adoptable-storage-and-par

This also works
    same commands

@Kalski12 said:
    Yes i know but the adb tools is for all android os and devices i know its for galaxy but the cmmand worked i tested it out so i did it my self and it allowed me to format it. Heres another link it works no matter what device

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/145457/i-want-to-split-one-microsd-card-into-two-parts-part-adoptable-storage-and-par

This also works
    same commands

Works for marshmallow and lollipop

edited October 18, 2017 3:38PM

The Process used is the best way for adding adoption to android despite the way the article is titled
    if you don't believe me fine, try it yourself
    Heres some screenshots to prove otherwise
    If you cant view image heres google drive link
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3j9O45Z1VulcXJodUlod015cTQ?usp=sharing

• RadioInfidelShowRadioInfidelShow Florida, USAPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

This is the most WORTHLESS POS mobile 📱 I've EVER had.
    Somewhere on the box it SHOULD inform consumers of this ridiculous BULL 💩

@DarkCoil said:

Found a 32 GB at local Walmart

Found 32 GB LOCAL WALMART

• Annie929Annie929 TexasPosts: 1 ✭✭

Wow. This is disappointing. All I wanted was to be able to get email but it always says it can't sync as there is not enough storage. I have installed only one little app. I will never use the dozens that are on this phone. Yet I can not remove them. I just spent two hours trying to fix this. Giving up and going to get a different phone.