Axon 7 corrupting microsd cards?

Comments

• dlweaver2dlweaver2 Hagerstown, MDPosts: 52 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was using a Samsung EVO micre SD card as well and had the same issues. Once I removed the sd card everything was fine. I'm currently not using an sd card at all. I'm going to try SanDisk next. Hopefully I won't have any further issues.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Let us know how the SanDisk card works.

• dlweaver2dlweaver2 Hagerstown, MDPosts: 52 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure will. Sharing info benefits us all.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, thank you.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

SanDisk works without issue. 

So does the Mixa Chinese TF card. 

• I, among others here, have had issues with Samsung Evo 128GB microSD cards. Not one but two Axon 7's reported corrupted SD card errors on the very same day around the end of March (the Saturday after one of the updates became available). I thought to myself, "this is too weird to be a coincidence." I did remove the cards as suggested during updates. The cards were replaced with Sandisks and have worked ever since. Despite trying every method I could find on the internets, the two Samsung cards remain read only. I was writing it off to counterfeit SD cards until I stumbled upon this thread.

• gentlemusergentlemuser DFWPosts: 138 ✭✭✭✭

I used a 64gb SanDisk with mine. No issues at all.
    (unless THAT is what was causing my reception problems...) ;-)

• raggedyedgeraggedyedge Posts: 20 ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2017 3:33PM

Same here. First I ruined a Samsung 128 before the OS upgrade that added 256gb support. . They replaced it. While waiting for the replacement, I locked up a PNY 128. And now have locked the replacement from Samsung. The latter two since the OS upgrade.

I never had a problem with SD cards on my previous LG phones...although I only had 32 GB cards in them.

After locking three 128gb cards, I tried a 32. It only lasted three days. Samsung is replacing their 128 card a second time. PNY is unwilling to replace theirs without a store receipt. Is this a hardware or software problem? Reliable SD support is crucial. I am ao offshore sailor and Navionics needs to be able to store the electronic charts know the SD card. My phone is the backup to a tablet, but not a good one if I cannot count on it.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@raggedyedge have you attempted a wipe cache or FDR before trying a new card? This may help. Otherwise with 4 cards shot I would start looking at a hardware issue of some sort. That can't be a coincidence.

• asianpianomanasianpianoman Posts: 70 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had a second PNY Elite 128GB card corrupted in my A7. The first lasted August '16-April '17, and this second one only lasted May-June.

• ADonoADono Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

My Axon 7 appears to have corrupted another micro SD card. This is my second failed memory card in this device. I haven't had any issues with any other micro SD cards failing in any of my other Android devices. Maybe it's a coincidence... but seeing everyone's comments here, I expect that it's the Axon 7 causing the issue.

My first memory card failed when I updated to Nougat (I missed the memo about removing the memory card). That was a Patriot 128gb card. This time it was a 128gb Samsung Evo Select.

@hollup. I did not wipe cache nor did I do a factory reset. I am out of spare microSD cards. When Samsung replaces my 128, I am not going to stick it in my Axon unless there is a release that claims to have fixed the issue.

Would weak microSD contacts cause problems. Would bouncing and jarring prey on such? I take my phone mountain biking worn in a padded belt pouch, but I suppose it might endure a bit more bouncing than most. Any commonality in this regard.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have all of my SD Card files backed up to 2 different places, just in case.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@timeismoney said:
    Add me as another victim of the SD card corruption bug in the Axon 7.  Had a brand new Samsung 128GB SD card. I had updated to the latest build. This week my phone started acting strange.  t was always hot to the touch. The battery would drain in hours not days like before and the buttons on the phone were not responsive.  Got the SD corrupted msg.  Now the card is read only.

What is @ZTEUSA doing about this fatal Bug?? Is this covered under the phone warranty?

I doubt that it is covered under the warranty as there hasn't been a definitive answer as to why this is occurring. So they could easily just say it's a problem with the SD Cards... It would be nice if @ZTEUSA would at least make a statement regarding this situation.

I am still running my Axon 7 without a microSD card. Only using my cards in my other devices.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 425 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    It sure seems strange that since the A7 has been out for a year now that all of a sudden SD cards are getting corrupted and there hasn't been any system update for months.

You can ad me to the list also. If I take the SD card out of the A7 it works in other devices. Put it back into the A7 and it shows corrupted.

• scottlescottle Cincinnati, OhioPosts: 34 ✭✭✭✭

@dlweaver2 said:
    I was using a Samsung EVO micre SD card as well and had the same issues. Once I removed the sd card everything was fine. I'm currently not using an sd card at all. I'm going to try SanDisk next. Hopefully I won't have any further issues.

Which SanDisk are you using now?

Is anyone using 128GB cards right now? If so which Manufacturer and model's? I too am having an issue with my Samsung 128GB Evo XC-1 Micro SD card

_Which 128GB or 256GB SD cards are other using? _

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

SCOTTLE

• lonwarlonwar Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi, any resolution on this?
    I have had 2 200gb Lexor, 1 128 lexor and now a 128 SanDisk card all go corrupt in this phone.
    This last time I have only had music, but I no apps or anything... I WTH...

• FrequentFrequent Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

I have a European version a2017g ZTE axon 7 and it has corrupted 2 sandisk cards already, one 64gb and one 200gb. None can be recovered or formatted, on a phone, tablet or pc. It seems to be a hardware problem with the phone

• theshriketheshrike CaliforniaPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a three month old Samsung Evo card get corrupted and become unusable in a Moto G4. I did some reading about it and lots of people think it's an Android issue, not regulated to any one brand of phone or card.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 775 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use a microSD card (yet) but I sure would like to get to the bottom of the corruption problem too.

Perhaps doing a low-level format of the microSD card will restore it?

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

• SGTDRESGTDRE Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay I to bought a 128 Gb SD card and it is this Samsung EVO I have not completely set up my Axon 7 yet, but I did put the SD card in and I never received a prompt to format it when I set to save all pictures to SD card in the camera settings. I did however try to format it and completed in less than 30 seconds, I have not even tried any updates yet.

I'm starting to think that maybe I should see if I should return it, if I can that is.

• SGTDRESGTDRE Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dnewman007 said:
    Sounds like there are too many issues with the Samsung SD cards. I've always used SanDisk and never had an issue.

Can you please provide a link to the the Sandisk Card or does it make a difference? I found a couple that are rated to handle High quality 4k video and good transfer speeds such as this one here.

@SGTDRE said:

@dnewman007 said:
    Sounds like there are too many issues with the Samsung SD cards. I've always used SanDisk and never had an issue.

Can you please provide a link to the the Sandisk Card or does it make a difference? I found a couple that are rated to handle High quality 4k video and good transfer speeds such as this one here.

I would love to know which SanDisk SD cards work well? Please let us know! I'd love to buy one I had to revert back to my 32GB and am like .25 GBs nearly running out of space left for pictures. May just buy one of the SanDisk 128 GB microSD cards and try them out.