Zte blade max X YouTube issue

When watching videos on YouTube they continuously pause every couple seconds what could be the issue just bought the phone never had this issue before with you too I'm take it back and get a new phone if I can't resolve the issue??

Answers

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,206 admin

are you using the YouTube app or viewing directly from the browser?

Also, are you on WiFi or using your data connection?

• The app and  both WiFi and data it does it on both.

Have you checked to see if there was an update for the YouTube app?

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is this happens only using YouTube app?

Try by going to Apps > YouTube > Clear Data then Uninstall and Reinstall YouTube again.

• It's with any video even Facebook but I notice it more when watching

YouTube

• I'm having the same issue. Is there a fix for this?

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is it just a buffering problem because of slow speeds? If you're in the same location where it previously worked and this just started to happen do what drakenfx said.

If that doesn't fix it try closing all recent apps and see if the problem persists.

• It's not buffering. It's on my WiFi and it just causes an error message and asks me to retry it. I have not had this issue, just buffrribg with xfinity stream. I have not tried to watch videos from Facebook.

@jewels Have you had any luck since we last spoke?

• YukonXYukonX Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello, this problem is not just isolated to YouTube. I've had problems across all major media streaming apps including YouTube, Spotify, IHeartRadio, Pandora, and Facebook. The phone pauses the stream and then I must press play again. It happens a countless amounts of time. It happens on both wifi and network data.

• Has there been a resolution to this problem? I'm experiencing the same thing, primarily with YouTube. Using the app, a video will play for any where between 5 minutes -10 minutes(it varies each time) and then the video will "blackout". Audio continues to play but no video. Exiting the app and re-opening it makes the problem go away, but only for a short period (minutes) and then the same thing happens. It's really annoying.

• deadendboss713deadendboss713 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, well called ZTE today and found out that alot of us are having the same problem. I have the answer here.....
    They informed me that they ZTE had to contact goolge and they made a fix for this..What u have to do is clear the cache partition. You will not loose any thing dont worry. Now what u do is hold the volume button up then hold the power key. Once the screen turns black release the volume up but not the power key. Now u should be @ the reboot screen. Release the power key. Now use the vol down key to scroll down to "wipe cache partiton" use power to select it. Should have computer writing at the bottom saying(wiping cache,blah blah blah) Next, use power up to scrollup to "reboot now" then select with power up. Last but not least once it reboots DO NOT USE YOUR PHONE FOR 15-20 !!!!

• deadendboss713deadendboss713 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, sorry guys two days after that my blade x max went back to constantly pausing while streaming. So next what I did was called zte again (877)817-1759 restated my problem. They told me to send my phone in for free they pay gave me a claim # and they will send it back fixed Havent sent it yet but i will soon.

• Monstergirl103Monstergirl103 HoustonPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@deadendboss713 did you ever send it in? My phone does the same thing with Pandora and if it doesn't do that it just force shuts the app

• colonl1colonl1 Fort Worth TexasPosts: 11 ✭✭✭✭

I did send my phone back and got a new one the next day but unfortunately, is doing the same thing. Drop calls, loose video signal but continues to audio. Cannot attach pictures to emails or take pictures to attach to emails, do not receive text or completely loose signal.
    There is a serious glitch on this phones

• Tinman81213Tinman81213 Los AngelesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@colonl1 said:
    I did send my phone back and got a new one the next day but unfortunately, is doing the same thing. Drop calls, loose video signal but continues to audio. Cannot attach pictures to emails or take pictures to attach to emails, do not receive text or completely loose signal.
    There is a serious glitch on this phones

It's a Ram issue my friend. Don't buy any phone with less than 3 gigs or there will be bugs. Granted some companies are better at managing Ram than others Motorola I've experienced the worst ram management, customer service, and build quality of phones at various price points($100-300) from ZTE. So much so I'm ZTE skeptical even at a flagship level which sucks cuz I was super day interested in the Axon M. If you're penny pinching on Cricket check out the Huawei Elate it outpaces the E4 and E4+, has a 4000mah battery, 5.5in TFT LCD, and pretty much matches specs with the X Max for $65. I really stood in Best Buy in disbelief for almost an hour. It's what I'm currently rocking. If you're looking to jump into the next generation tho check out the honor 7x. That's where I'm headed. Have to get it directly from the Honor site atm.