WHEN IS NEXT SOFTWARE UPDATE

jimmyjimmy Posts: 169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well b20 just like all other updates break something when is the next update​ this company is lazy

Answers

• jazzijazzi Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That one made me laugh a bit .  Are you a glutton for punishment Jim anxiously waiting for another update to break something else ?   Ok all jokes aside, I am not aware that ZTE has a specific schedule for releasing updates.  The moderators here may be in a better position to answer or clarify. 

I think that your are a bit harsh on the company by branding them as "lazy."  Believe it or not ZTE is fares quite well in comparison with some manufactures were updates are concerned.  The LG V20 holds the title as the first phone released with Android 7.0 Nougat.  That was in October 2016.  I was checking it out online recently and unless I was mistaken, it is still on 7.0.

• Sadly, it looks like b20 is the last update.

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

T-Mobile/MetroPcs controls the update schedule for phones they sell.  With phones selling for less than $200, their pattern has been to issue updates every three or four months after a phone first reaches their stores.  After a year, a new model is released with a major software update.  At that point, updates for the old model end.

I'm not sure how essential updates are if a phone is working well.  I gave a family member a phone two years ago.  It has never received an update.  He refused my offer of a newer phone because "this phone works perfectly".