netflix downloads

flynnwgcflynnwgc AustraliaPosts: 7

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to get the Spro2 to download netflix shows like any other android device can?

Is there a setting change i need to make to allow the device to download netflix so it's viewable offline?

Thanks

Paul

Best Answer

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,631 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I looked up more info on this, and it seems that netflix is extremely picky about which individual devices they will allow to use that function, basically they want to be 100% sure that there is nothing unique about the device that will allow someone to have an easier time circumventing the DRM, even though no one uses the mobile version of netflix to copy their videos, since the way it seems to be done now, is via an HDMI capture card that supports HDCP.

Answers

• flynnwgcflynnwgc AustraliaPosts: 7

yep SD card installed. Netflix App installed.

I can stream Netflix no problem at all But I can't download the stuff to watch offline.

the option is missing, 

have found this message just now.

device does not meet security requirements for download feature. (OF.NA.4)

not really answered the question, I want to know if there's a fix , a update or a workaround to the problem it is a Android device after all. Netflix min reqs 4.4.2.

Spro2 is 4.4.4.

tried the switching SD card but as soon as you take the card out you lose the Netflix data. the reason I need offline viewing is because I work in a remote area doing 4 weeks away at a time.

No, only viewable on the device that downloaded them, is sd card is removed all downloads are deleted.

Yeah I don't think you understand the encryption netflix has on its downloaded data, it is time stated so it will expire, it is also keyed to the device that downloaded it, it will erase if removed, or simply put it won't show on any other device and when reinserted to its host the data will be wiped, this is not unprotected data like the stuff you mentioned above  it is copyright protected.

So not only possible but true, try it for yourself.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod

​ I don't see a workaround for this. I noticed this as well, and for now it is what it is. Netflix can pick and choose what type of devices are capable of their downloads, hopefully this will  expand further in time. ​ many sites or apps that offer streaming media protect their content in this way, and it is much more complicated than just dragging to sdcard...

Thanks for your reply,

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

answer is correct and offline content CAN'T be transferred from one device to another, (SDCard or not), I assume every offline content have a device footprint and if doesn't match it gets deleted / corrupted or just won't be available at all.

thanks for your efforts razor512

It would have made life easier had it been possible, a stand alone device with already downloaded content. however I can still download other content just gotta pay extra for it. thanks again.