How do you delete the voicemail alert icon from the ZTE Blade V8 Pro when there is no phone listed i

I have an old message from a previous carrier and I can't delete the voicemail since I no longer have that carrier. Ideas?

Comments

• alfmeisteralfmeister Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

At the top, left corner. Looks like a tiny tape reel.

That doesn't work. It will clear everything but the VM icon. The only way to eliminate it is to either add minutes to that account so you can use their VM system or remove the SIM card for that account.

My Axon 7 has a phone app listed in settings and that's how most Android phones work. The Blade V8 Pro lacks access to the phone app to clear it.

• telyxtelyx Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine shows the Phone app but you have to tap the 3-dot menu in the upper right of the Settings/Apps screen and tap Show System.

I'll try that, thanks. ZTE has hidden this feature that is usually easily accessible on Android phones.

The problem I was having was that Tracfone deleted all of the minutes (system error) and I didn't have any minutes. I now have minutes and can delete the VM indicator as you say. That still uses minutes though so it's handy to delete the VM indicator without calling the VM number.

BTW Tracfone sucks and my new carrier is H2O wireless which is located in California.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The only way I know of that will make the icon go away is putting a different sim in the phone that doesnt have a voice mail on the line. Other than that removing the sim card works once in a while as well but generally only putting another sim in will clear it.