Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

ZmaxPro Android 7.0 Nougat Update

zmaxproguy7zmaxproguy7 HoustonPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone confirm that the ZmaxPro is getting the Nougat 7.0 update ? And if so do you have any idea of when it might receive it ?

Comments

• zmaxproguy7zmaxproguy7 HoustonPosts: 19 ✭✭✭✭

Wow Alan, thanks for that information. I didn't know that about MetroPCS and their reason for not giving updates. I found a website that lists all phones by manufacturer and tells you which ones will receive the Nougat update. In the ZTE section, It says that the ZmaxPro is confirmed to get it. Do you think they are mistaken ? Here is a link so you can see it yourself. Scroll to the bottom to get to the ZTE section. The site is DigitalTrends, and it looks pretty legit to me. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Randy    Find Out When Your Phone is Getting Android 7.0 Nougat | Digital Trends

Hey guys, here is a site that I found that lets you know which phones will be getting the Nougat update. Scroll to the bottom and you will see that it confirms that the Zmax Pro will be getting the update, they just don't tell you when. It looks like a legit site to me. Your thoughts ?   Find Out When Your Phone is Getting Android 7.0 Nougat | Digital Trends

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My thoughts?  Why are people posting and reposting false information which was proven to be false back in FEBRUARY?  The fact that report is false has been mentioned dozens of times in the ZTE forums for four months.

Dude I would never post something that I knew was incorrect, and I don't like your insinuation that I purposely posted something that was not true. I'm not 100% convinced that it is false. I checked and that website is legitimate. The fact is that none of us know for sure if any given phone is getting any update until the update is released. I'm new to this community and have shared comments with a couple of nice guys. You are not one of them. You come across as a know it all, and your comments are arrogant and condescending. Lose the attitude and you might get better replies. 

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

ZTE says the report is false.  T-Mobile says its false. MetroPcs says it is false.  Every reputable website that posted the original  false report has retracted it. Those facts have been posted in these forums dozens of times over the past four months.

A sad trend of the internet age is the distinction between facts and opinion has disappeared.  If a math teacher says that 2 plus 2 equals 4, a student will say "well, that is just YOUR opinion....on the internet it said.... "

• wings4anniewings4annie Orange,caPosts: 672 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@zmaxproguy7 no one really knows when our zmax pro will get an update?

But it is great that you check things out, for me it is all a learning process. I really love my zmax pro.

I use the device for my business.

And thanks for the link, I am definitely going to check it out.

Glad I could help. I will share if I learn more

• wings4anniewings4annie Orange,caPosts: 672 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, I love to learn about the device I am using. I really don't

think I use it to it's full potential.

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Digital Trends is as untrustworthy as International Business Times and Christian Science Monitor. Rehash of misinformation. This phone will not get Nougat.

Oh buzz off. You are arrogant and miserable. Do you really think that

people want to hear your angry rude comments ??? You need to get a grip and

lose the attitude. You are not the final authority on Smartphones. You're

just an angry miserable coward hiding behind keyboard. Your angry "opinion"

is totally irrelevant. See ya !!!!

• snn5snn5 Southeast USPosts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.

Well. Ok.

Hang tight for that update to a phone that is already a year old and a prepaid phone at that and the rumors from 6 months ago that were debunked by ZTE staff and see if the ZMP gets 7.0 before another replacement budget phone is released.

Hey alanhouston, you falsely claimed that MetroPCS will not give the Zmax Pro the Nougat update simply because the phone costs less than $200. I am going to share a video from trusted YouTube channel Paul Tech disproving your comment. In his video you will clearly see that the LG Stylo 2 Plus at MetroPCS just received the Nougat update last month on May 13, 2017, and that phone costs $129, which is well below $200. Perhaps, it is YOU who should stop posting false information. Please share your thoughts after watching this video. here it is.

• jonathanmommy0118jonathanmommy0118 Posts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Actually it is not guaranteed that the Zmax Pro will be getting Nougat. There is no insight on if tee device will even receive it. I always see customers asking for updates but when they are released all y'all do is whine and complain about the update.

• alton28alton28 Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭

If the zmax pro get the 7.0 update its up too zte and tmobile stop telling people that metro pcs don't update there phones under $200 dollars because your lieing the lg stylo2 got 7.0 update and it sales for $159.00 dollars if zte push 7.0 update out metro and tmobile will send it out too the phones just making stuff up you don't know that's it