Do you like the ZTES Pro PLUS ? If so what specs would you have liked to see?

musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Its been a year now since the release of the S Pro 2, would you like to see a refresher? What type of specs would you like to see this time around ?

Comments

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Marshmallow would be a good start lol but tbh i don't know enough about it but would love to play around with one

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It has a 5" 720p HD screen

Quad core processor

light output 200 lumens (when plugged in)

Pico projector displays at scaled 720p

2GB Ram / 16GB Storage

6300mah battery

Dual JBL Speakers

What Id like to see:

*While I think the light output is ok I would love to see a better output of total lumens, quality was ok and would be ok for another addition to help keep cost below $500

*4 GB of Ram / 64 GB with wifi accessible storage and SD card support for wifi file explorer

*atleast 3 full size USB ports

*2 Hdmi ports

10000 mah battery

Quad JBL Speakers

and a price tag under $500 and you have yourself a HUGE success

Do you have one?

yes at this point it is mainly used more as a hotspot than a projector, i feel like it doesnt get as bright as it use to

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,227 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If they were to make another, I would love to see a good LED projector that can project bright enough, something similar to what LG uses for their LED projectors.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,366 admin

Get ready.... ZTE Spro Plus Release Date, Price and Specs - CNET

EDIT-- I forgot to say LASER....

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,954 admin

What kind of setup will you be using with all those ports?

I would set it up in my spare room for when guest come over so they have a little game setup/video hub, the usb ports are so I could hook up my 2 , 1tb hard drives and still leave them an accessible usb port lol and I agree would love a laser projector as long as its not to over like $550

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I completely agree with these specifications, though also with 1080p, instead of 720p.

did you say......laser....

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

Says image output is 720p. ZTE really ought to make one with 1080p image output, then this would be really great. I suppose its fine for casual use though. The 2k display on the device itself looks good.

There are 1080p projectors out there, the problem is they are so expensive. I would rather keep the 720P picture (even with only 200 lumens the picture was pretty decent) so with a lazer and 500lumens now I imagine that the picture is gonna look more than enough, rather than increase the price anymore

• For the next version:

USB-C charging/data port (no more proprietary charger)

"Modern processor"

Marshmallow minimum.

I would love the use of USB-c as well lol since the Axon 7 and its USB-c cord I never realized how amazing a future would be where you dont have to worry about what side of the cable your plugging in haha

its supposed to be released with Marshmallow but the charger is not USB-c unfortunately and the information they released so far is SD 801  

• I'd also like the next Spro to be a Google Cast target.

​ that is a really good suggestion, I hope ZTE is listening to this one cause that would be genius and would also make it more seamless using the projector with content on your phone vs currently where you have to use an app like All cast to get it to show

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod

​ Hello, what do you mean by Google Cast Target? The current Spro2 is able to cast and stream anything I throw at it. Can you explain a little further what it is you are wanting?

​ I am lost as to why you need an app? I am able to cast my phone to the Spro2 without an app. The only time I use an app for this is youtube. What am I missing out on?

the Spro uses Miracast, not all roms and phones support the feature because it never really took of as a standard, and with Google cast you get more of a TV interface from you phones apps vs just enlarging the screen and making in project on a larger scale

​ lol as soon as I seen your post, I was like duh, I knew that. Thanks for pointing it out for me

its ok hahaa when he first posted it I was like what you mean, haha then a light bulb went off in my head and I was like ohhh ok I get what your saying lol

​ as soon as they add in the laser it will be much more that $550.

Note, I just read the rest of this thread...lol sorry for the delayed post.

I sure hope not cause I wont spend any more than $599 on it, If anyone can pull of getting it to that price points its ZTE, im praying thats what is taking alittle time for them to get it out is that they are working to get cost down.

• Here's the workflow I want to do:

(On the same wireless network)

Turn on Spro.

Turn on Projector in Google Cast mode.

Open YouTube/Netflix on my phone.

Press cast button on YouTube/Netflix and have the video display on the projector - not mirrored on the phone.

Currently what I'm seeing on Spro2:

Turn on Spro2.

Enabled Cast screen.

On phone, cast screen.

Note: this is mirroring.

I can understand that, I just know from reading back when I got the spro2, that the laser setups are quite a bit more in costs. I agree it would be great though! At this point I still love the Spro2, and can't really complain about any aspect of it, it just works! I'm also not having any issue with brightness, as it does seem very bright to me. That said, put it up screen to screen with the Spro Plus, and it's a no brainer. i definitely am in love with the Spro Plus, just not ready to toss aside my spro2 yet.

​ I hear ya now. I had a lil bit of brain fog, and needed it spelled out. Thanks for taking the time to explain. I agree we all have certain needs, and ways of meeting those needs. I am ok with miracast as is, but that is because I rarely use it, and when I do it works well enough for my purpose. I do see what it is your wanting to do, and agree that more options other than miracast would be great!

Ive had mine for about a year now so Im at the point where Im ready for an upgrade lol I just want the Plus cause its so beautiful and the screen is 8.4" 2k screen now and the kick butt JBL speakers built in lol im a spec h* lol

Actually I have been searching around the tech sights and I have found the lenovo tablet/projector yogapad. I think it's a really awesome idea. With zte's experience in smartphone making along with the spro, combining to make one big flagship tablet/projector would be incredible.

​ have you seen the Spro Plus ? I think its alittle thick for a tablet but its designed to be a true flagship android projector and it does look like its going to do an exceptional job