Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Replacement Phones are on Back Order for weeks

Comments

• bcsydom, very happy for you. Can you please let us know the condition of the replacement phone you received, physical condition and how it is functioning. Thank you

• bcsydombcsydom Posts: 112 ✭✭✭✭

6/16/2017 UPDATE:

Hey guys. I've been testing the phone in and out to make sure everything works as it should and indeed, so far there have been no issues. To my delighted surprise, the power draw even with FB and messenger installed was only 0.2% overnight, my previous device ran about 3% every hour. So apparently, my old phone was a can worms that was opened slowly.
    The device itself seems to be new, it still had the sticker with the IMEI on the back and all that. The box it came was kinda crappy though, the only thing keeping the phone from being smashed was the ~2mm cardboard itself and a thin sheet of plastic wrap (no thicker than the ones at any grocery store) soooo.....ZTE, what are you doing?

Anyway, glad to have a working phone again (yes, I can call with it!) but ZTE have some serious issues to work out:

• Last summer, they did not have replacement phones either. Expected waiting time was weeks.

• One year later, they seem to have an extremely limited amount of replacement devices. I was waiting since April. I mean, what gives? Are you guys Apple during launch day of a new phone? permanently out of stock?

• The people at CS...they're good people but the left hand does not seem to know what the right hand is doing.

COMMUNICATION IS KEY! Just tell us the truth of what has been going on, that's all we ask. Everyone here paid good money for their phones and at minimum we expect more than just "demand has been overwhelming, my hands are tied, please leave me a good review on your CS experience."

That is all.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bcsydom said:
    6/16/2017 UPDATE:

Hey guys. I've been testing the phone in and out to make sure everything works as it should and indeed, so far there have been no issues. To my delighted surprise, the power draw even with FB and messenger installed was only 0.2% overnight, my previous device ran about 3% every hour. So apparently, my old phone was a can worms that was opened slowly.
    The device itself seems to be new, it still had the sticker with the IMEI on the back and all that. The box it came was kinda crappy though, the only thing keeping the phone from being smashed was the ~2mm cardboard itself and a thin sheet of plastic wrap (no thicker than the ones at any grocery store) soooo.....ZTE, what are you doing?

Anyway, glad to have a working phone again (yes, I can call with it!) but ZTE have some serious issues to work out:

• Last summer, they did not have replacement phones either. Expected waiting time was weeks.

• One year later, they seem to have an extremely limited amount of replacement devices. I was waiting since April. I mean, what gives? Are you guys Apple during launch day of a new phone? permanently out of stock?

• The people at CS...they're good people but the left hand does not seem to know what the right hand is doing.

COMMUNICATION IS KEY! Just tell us the truth of what has been going on, that's all we ask. Everyone here paid good money for their phones and at minimum we expect more than just "demand has been overwhelming, my hands are tied, please leave me a good review on your CS experience."

That is all.

I'm really glad your new A7 seems to be good after all you have been through :smiley:

@dnewman007 said:

@bcsydom said:
    6/16/2017 UPDATE:

That is all.

I'm really glad your new A7 seems to be good after all you have been through :smiley:

Hehe right? For some time there I was considering bailing ZTE altogether for OnePlus. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are considerably smaller than ZTE but they have a very active CS department (which they also expanded and they established a repair facility here in the U.S.)
    And believe it or not but after having the phone work as a phone, the feature I use the most is the camera ( and that's where the troubles started) because I take a lot of pictures for google maps ( level 7 local guide with 7M views to date).

• rcloke91rcloke91 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are STILL no replacement devices available for most of us. I have been waiting for three weeks at this point, and after chatting in today I was told to chat or call back in on Monday or Friday when they receive stock updates.

This is crazy. My camera is basically unusable. This is in no way acceptable. I thought the two year warranty was great. But it doesn't matter how long the warranty is if you can never use it.

• This week is about over and no replacement phone, I guess no miracle this week! Another promise has gone down the drain.

• zte_usazte_usa Posts: 149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@theboozer said:
    This week is about over and no replacement phone, I guess no miracle this week! Another promise has gone down the drain.

Oh, no! @theboozer can you please follow then message us directly with your RMA number? We're very happy to look into this for you. We want to address and resolve this matter for you as soon as possible.

@rcloke91 said:
    There are STILL no replacement devices available for most of us. I have been waiting for three weeks at this point, and after chatting in today I was told to chat or call back in on Monday or Friday when they receive stock updates.

This is crazy. My camera is basically unusable. This is in no way acceptable. I thought the two year warranty was great. But it doesn't matter how long the warranty is if you can never use it.

We're very sorry @rcloke91 can you please follow then message us directly with your RMA number? We're very happy to look into this for you. We want to address and resolve this matter for you as soon as possible.

@bcsydom said:
    No, my last phone was the Nexus 5 Original version and it just died. All ZTE has to offer are excuses. I called them two weeks ago and they said that "a new device will arrive over the weekend." Then nothing. Then I chatted with someone else a week ago. They said that they had no clue when they got new phones in. Yesterday I chatted with 'Wanda C.' who first said that no phones were available. The minute after I said that I could not call with my phone anymore ( the whole thing started with the camera going haywire, I have a video in another thread) she said that I will be getting a phone "by the end of the week." But I don't believe her. Someone is not telling the truth to me. Nothing has changed since last summer.

Two months is a long time @bcsydom We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you incurred. Please follow then message us with your RMA number so that we can resolve this for you once and for all.

• mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 145

I called on Monday of this week and did a advance exchange and I got the gold axon 7 today. Seems like a pretty good turn around to me.

• To ZTE-USA
    My RMA # is: 201705182692175, phone was shipped on 5/18 and ZTE received it on 5/24. I have been calling and chatting every other day. Was informed that shipment was received this week and that phones are being shipped. I called yesterday, received the same answer "we don't know when". ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 2,893 admin

@theboozer said:
    To ZTE-USA
    My RMA # is: 201705182692175, phone was shipped on 5/18 and ZTE received it on 5/24. I have been calling and chatting every other day. Was informed that shipment was received this week and that phones are being shipped. I called yesterday, received the same answer "we don't know when". ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

@zte_usa Adding in the mention so that they see the post.

• westside80westside80 KentuckyPosts: 3,838 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I hate Y'all are having such a difficult time getting your phones back. I hope it all turns out good and you get your phones back quickly. Or at least quickly as of today.

• I have never have had such a bad experience in my life, absolutely horrible!

@theboozer said:
    I have never have had such a bad experience in my life, absolutely horrible!

And in the end, it's just going to hurt ZTE. If something like this happened to me, I would never be back with that company.

@zte_usa said:

@bcsydom said:
    No, my last phone was the Nexus 5 Original version and it just died. All ZTE has to offer are excuses. I called them two weeks ago and they said that "a new device will arrive over the weekend." Then nothing. Then I chatted with someone else a week ago. They said that they had no clue when they got new phones in. Yesterday I chatted with 'Wanda C.' who first said that no phones were available. The minute after I said that I could not call with my phone anymore ( the whole thing started with the camera going haywire, I have a video in another thread) she said that I will be getting a phone "by the end of the week." But I don't believe her. Someone is not telling the truth to me. Nothing has changed since last summer.

Two months is a long time @bcsydom We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you incurred. Please follow then message us with your RMA number so that we can resolve this for you once and for all.

The matter is resolved, I just need to send back my old device.

@theboozer said:
    I have never have had such a bad experience in my life, absolutely horrible!

I have a love/ hate relationship with this company. I love the Axon 7 with stereo speakers, I think it's fantastic.
    On the other hand their CS experience is probably the worst in the business right now (for such a big company) and when my warranty eventually expires, I'll do a Mark Cuban on ZTE.

@mgeinitz said:
    I called on Monday of this week and did a advance exchange and I got the gold axon 7 today. Seems like a pretty good turn around to me.

That sounds amazing. Imagine if this was the case all the time. ZTE would have a much better rep than they do now.

• When I spoke with ZTE Customer Service yesterday, after the usual "we don't know when", she told me that all they do at this Call Center is field the phone calls and check the status just like we do online. Everything is in the hands of the Repair Center and they can only communicate with it via email. She also said the Repair Center does not give them the status of RMAs. Us, the Customers, have no way to communicate with the Repair Center in any manner. Additionally, she informed me that the Corporate Office does not take any phone calls and their fax machine does not answer; she is correct because I tried calling and faxing the Corporate Office myself.

So in summary, they have our phones, we are held hostage at the mercy of the Gods at ZTE. Way to go ZTE, this is how you keep your current customers and attract new ones!

• @theboozer said:
    When I spoke with ZTE Customer Service yesterday, after the usual "we don't know when", she told me that all they do at this Call Center is field the phone calls and check the status just like we do online. Everything is in the hands of the Repair Center and they can only communicate with it via email. She also said the Repair Center does not give them the status of RMAs. Us, the Customers, have no way to communicate with the Repair Center in any manner. Additionally, she informed me that the Corporate Office does not take any phone calls and their fax machine does not answer; she is correct because I tried calling and faxing the Corporate Office myself.

So in summary, they have our phones, we are held hostage at the mercy of the Gods at ZTE. Way to go ZTE, this is how you keep your current customers and attract new ones!

I've called their support a few time and one of the representative actually offered me a Axon 7 Mini as a replacement, I asked her if it'd be a temporary arrangement and she said no, the mini would be my Axon 7 replacement. That's freaking ridiculous, I've spent near $500 on this damn worthless phone and they dare offer me a crappy, dumb down phone that's worth nearly half the original as a replacement?

This is definitely the last time I'll ever look at anything ZTE, there's plenty of other decent company with better products and services to give my money to.

@niceoslov said:

@theboozer said:
    When I spoke with ZTE Customer Service yesterday, after the usual "we don't know when", she told me that all they do at this Call Center is field the phone calls and check the status just like we do online. Everything is in the hands of the Repair Center and they can only communicate with it via email. She also said the Repair Center does not give them the status of RMAs. Us, the Customers, have no way to communicate with the Repair Center in any manner. Additionally, she informed me that the Corporate Office does not take any phone calls and their fax machine does not answer; she is correct because I tried calling and faxing the Corporate Office myself.

I've called their support a few time and one of the representative actually offered me a Axon 7 Mini as a replacement, I asked her if it'd be a temporary arrangement and she said no, the mini would be my Axon 7 replacement. That's freaking ridiculous, I've spent near $500 on this damn worthless phone and they dare offer me a crappy, dumb down phone that's worth nearly half the original as a replacement?

This is definitely the last time I'll ever look at anything ZTE, there's plenty of other decent company with better products and services to give my money to.

After what you've been through I can't say I blame you for wanting to go in a different direction. I probably would too.

• Yesterday I checked the status of my Axon 7 RMA (it has been almost a month since ZTE received it) and to my pleasant amazement, the status has moved and now it is showing "Assessed" and "Shipping in 0.5 Days" (since they received it 29 days ago, the status had been stuck at "Received" and "Shipping in 3.5 Days). So this indicates progress and I hope they honor their word and ship in 0.5 Days!

As of writing this comment, I have not received any notification about shipping or anything else for that matter.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 6,447 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I attempted to use advanced replacement on my Axon 7 yesterday and they told me to try again next week. No big deal as I have other devices if I want to use them, and I only have the camera OIS vibration issue. I'll check back and update my progress.

• rcloke91rcloke91 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2017 11:58AM

@hollap said:
    I attempted to use advanced replacement on my Axon 7 yesterday and they told me to try again next week. No big deal as I have other devices if I want to use them, and I only have the camera OIS vibration issue. I'll check back and update my progress.

I don't disagree that if one has other phones then this might not be a big deal, but what about if, this time next year you want to take advantage of Passport 2.0? "We're sorry, but due to the discontinuation of components used in the Axon 7, we will not be able to process your repair/replacement request." I can see that exact text showing up because ZTE can't make or fix enough phones.

I bought this device in large part for the warranty support, including both 2.0 and the advanced exchange option. I accept iffy software, battery as bad as it was on my 6p (and it was absolutely terrible), and a mediocre camera so I can have assurances of device warranty and replacement.

It seems I made an awful mistake.

@hollap said:

People that don't have another phone may not be as nonchalant about it as you are though. ZTE needs to get it together.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

I wonder why they are still having supply issues with the A7. It seems like it has been this way since the launch.

@dnewman007 said:

@hollap said:

I wonder why they are still having supply issues with the A7. It seems like it has been this way since the launch.

Good question.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 6,447 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

People that don't have another phone may not be as nonchalant about it as you are though. ZTE needs to get it together.

I agree. Not everyone has access to more than 1 device. I'm not nonchalant about it, I just know there's nothing else I can do at this point.

@hollap said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

I agree. Not everyone has access to more than 1 device. I'm not nonchalant about it, I just know there's nothing else I can do at this point.

Hey, don't hate me because I used the wrong word. :D