Replacement Phones are on Back Order for weeks

124»

Comments

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:
    I attempted to use advanced replacement on my Axon 7 yesterday and they told me to try again next week. No big deal as I have other devices if I want to use them, and I only have the camera OIS vibration issue. I'll check back and update my progress.

People that don't have another phone may not be as nonchalant about it as you are though. ZTE needs to get it together.

I agree. Not everyone has access to more than 1 device. I'm not nonchalant about it, I just know there's nothing else I can do at this point.

Hey, don't hate me because I used the wrong word. :D

LOL I just meant that I can completely use the device except for the intermittent camera issue. I can wait for stock for this issue. But I agree they need to step up. As with others passport warranty was one of the reasons I bought the device.

• westside80westside80 KentuckyPosts: 5,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:
    I attempted to use advanced replacement on my Axon 7 yesterday and they told me to try again next week. No big deal as I have other devices if I want to use them, and I only have the camera OIS vibration issue. I'll check back and update my progress.

People that don't have another phone may not be as nonchalant about it as you are though. ZTE needs to get it together.

I agree. Not everyone has access to more than 1 device. I'm not nonchalant about it, I just know there's nothing else I can do at this point.

LOL I just meant that I can completely use the device except for the intermittent camera issue. I can wait for stock for this issue. But I agree they need to step up. As with others passport warranty was one of the reasons I bought the device.

I guess it's just the way it is. Sucks for the customer though. My OnePlus 5 still hasn't shipped even though it was supposed to today. Like you said. Nothing we can do about it other than be mad.

• theboozertheboozer Posts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very happy to report that yesterday I received an email that the phone has been shipped with tracking number. FedEx tracking states "out on truck for delivery". This is great, I do sincerely hope the phone they shipped is functional and without defects and is in good condition. I will report back in a couple of days.

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,794 mod

@theboozer said:
    Very happy to report that yesterday I received an email that the phone has been shipped with tracking number. FedEx tracking states "out on truck for delivery". This is great, I do sincerely hope the phone they shipped is functional and without defects and is in good condition. I will report back in a couple of days.

Thats great news @theboozer very good to hear

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,994 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@theboozer said:

Good news and exciting!

• theboozertheboozer Posts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received the replacement Axon 7 two days ago (30 days after they received my RMA). The replacement is in good cosmetic condition and it is functioning well except that I noticed the battery draining much faster than my original one. I hope this is only a software issue and not a hardware problem. I do not want to go through the horrors of RMA experience again.

@theboozer said:
    I received the replacement Axon 7 two days ago (30 days after they received my RMA). The replacement is in good cosmetic condition and it is functioning well except that I noticed the battery draining much faster than my original one. I hope this is only a software issue and not a hardware problem. I do not want to go through the horrors of RMA experience again.

Clear cache from recovery and hope for the best. It should have a new battery in it. I would think. Maybe the next update will fix it. You should also go through it and check all the settings in order to get the best battery life. Good luck.

• rcloke91rcloke91 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

@theboozer said:

Battery life has been terrible for a while now for a lot of people. I wouldn't expect much improvement between devices at this point unless you've been charging your device multiple times a day since launch. I've been lucky to get two hours of use over a 12 hour work day without having to recharge.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 320 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

I guess it's just the way it is. Sucks for the customer though. My OnePlus 5 still hasn't shipped even though it was supposed to today. Like you said. Nothing we can do about it other than be mad.

Sure there is. We can vote with our wallets and buy another phone next time. ZTE needs to earn my money. Or any other company for that matter.

@ram1220 said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

Sure there is. We can vote with our wallets and buy another phone next time. ZTE needs to earn my money. Or any other company for that matter.

True.

• This is my 2nd Zte Zmax Pro in 3 months. This 2nd one has more issues than the first one. Called went over everything and it's a hardware issue on their part, finger print scanner doesn't work. ZTE wants me to send in my phone with no replacement phone first or charge me $35 to use one which they still won't send till they receive this one. I only had this phone less than a day and it had issues. Any suggestions?

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,156 admin

@jcosby70 said:
    This is my 2nd Zte Zmax Pro in 3 months. This 2nd one has more issues than the first one. Called went over everything and it's a hardware issue on their part, finger print scanner doesn't work. ZTE wants me to send in my phone with no replacement phone first or charge me $35 to use one which they still won't send till they receive this one. I only had this phone less than a day and it had issues. Any suggestions?

@jcosby70 head over to the ZMAX forum https://community.zteusa.com/categories/zmax

We may be able to assist you with getting some of these issues worked out without needing to replace the device.

• herzmehherzmeh Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

My biggest beef is that apparently clock to ship your phone back for an advance exchange starts the day you request it, not the day that replacement gets shipped.

• betamalebetamale Posts: 43 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2017 3:28PM

Quote and comment deleted by @sshassn.... The user you have referenced has since received their device.

• dew13492dew13492 Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

A ZTE customer Service person let it slip to me that the Axon 7 has reach its end of life cycle, meaning that it is due at some point shortly to be replaced with a new or different model. That could explain the shortages that they have inventoried for repairs.

@dew13492 said:
    A ZTE customer Service person let it slip to me that the Axon 7 has reach its end of life cycle, meaning that it is due at some point shortly to be replaced with a new or different model. That could explain the shortages that they have inventoried for repairs.

Really?

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dew13492 said:

So does this mean there won't be another software update to fix the myriad of problems that some of us are still dealing with?

@stevec5375 said:

@dew13492 said:

So does this mean there won't be another software update to fix the myriad of problems that some of us are still dealing with?

If it's truly the end of its life cycle then no. Surely it's not already reached the end of support?

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,156 admin

@westside80 said:

@stevec5375 said:

@dew13492 said:

If it's truly the end of its life cycle then no. Surely it's not already reached the end of support?

I think not!

@sshasan said:

@westside80 said:

@stevec5375 said:

@dew13492 said:

I think not!

That's kind of what I figured but someone up above a few posts said a ZTE customer service agent told them the A7 had reached its end of life cycle. I found that hard to believe but I'm glad you chimed in.

124»