Android Pay Suggests, for Loyalty Card Use, Unlocking is not required

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As questionable as the usefulness of mobile payments are currently, this is where the future is heading. With Samsung, Apple and Android Pay pushing forward and although Samsung Pay is currently in the forefront (due to its ability to make use of MST) Android Pay is steadily growing.  Further expansion to new countries is in the process and businesses making the transition to Android Pay.

Mentioning the future of Android Pay, a breakdown of the latest version is displaying some other features that may be available to Android Pay users soon. Biggest change is users will be able to apply their loyalty cards and gift cards without having to unlock their devices. This will be a useful feature as it will speed up the process of paying for goods in stores which you have a loyalty card or gift card registered. Unlocking the phone to use these cards to allow the customer to quickly make sure their loyalty membership (or gift card value) is included at the start of the transaction can be frustrating.

More than likely, this feature will be limited in that paying for goods using a credit or debit card will continue to require the user to unlock the device.  Obvious reasons, security.  Loyalty and gift cards are likely to be considered much less of a security risk than credit or debit cards.  Thus the lack of having to unlock the phone to utilize them. This being a feature that will work with some loyalty and gift cards, it is assumed that not all of them will be supported.

Android Pay

Cover art 

Comments

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the updated news on android pay. I currently can't use it because, even though my OnePlus One phone is completely stock software, I changed the DPI in the settings and so now Android Pay thinks my phone is incompatible

• It looks like we are getting closer to fully automated sales. And people are screaming for 15.00 per hour minimum wage. You'll soon be fortunate to have a wage in these minimum skills market. We just might be cutting our throats to spite our face. Be careful what you ask for.

• Imagine having a phone replace your wallet or purse. Police pull you over license, registration, proof of insurance. All at one place on your phone...... Although  convenience usually comes with sacrifice.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

I will wait a bit before using android pay.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,251 mod

I agree I will wait and see if there are any security issues.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,251 mod

I'm not sure how much the cops would like that or how easy it would be to manipulate it to show false identification.