Huawei Honor V8

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Huawei's Honor V8 has been seen at TENAA last week. Everyone is waiting for the official announcement yet until then, there will be further leaks, rumors and sightings. Honor V8's cost effective approach, boasting of premium specs should be able to position itself as making high-specked phones at budget prices.

Huawei's Honor brand is gaining popularity globally. This one is said to have a dual camera system duplicating the configuration of the P9, even though it may not be a Leica component. The dual camera setup a highly anticipated reason why this Huawei phone will be sought after.

Its specked as Honor V8 (model no. KNT-UL10) equipped with a 5.7-inch screen with Quad HD or 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, 3400mAh battery, 12MP and 8MP dual camera setup, 2.3GHz processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, and a fingerprint sensor at the back panel. If its configuration is anything like the Honor 5x and Honor 7 then it should be a pretty big deal. I expect a high spec, high price correlation, but only until the official announcement will we know.

A good amount of uncertainty is associated with the information already leaked. There may be other variants in the works and without anything concrete it is all speculation.  Yet if that is the case, then there could also be an Honor V8 Plus with high specs.  Looks for now we'll have to wait for what is presented.

Comments

• retnuo@gmail.com[email protected] Shelton, WA.Posts: 14

This is one great looking device.  I expect some good reviews on the specs and general usability.  I wonder what flavor of Android OS it'll launch with?  It surprises me to see high end devices still launching with 4.4 Kitkat when most newer devices would be better optimized with 6.0 Marshmallow.  Still waiting for Marshmallow to hit my Samsung Galaxy S5!

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It should be 6.0.1, but you are right.  Some do launch with older OSes.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

It is out with 6.0.1, Imagine this beast running pure android.