Exclusive Axon 7 coupon for active Z-Community members

Comments

• lbirdlbird Ks USAPosts: 33

I'm Verizon  also and sure hoping it works on are network because I love the Axon 7 and like you I refuse to pay 700. For a glass or plastic phone. Could you explain the tweaks we will have to do with Verizon and the Axon 7? Thanks so much.

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

The tweaks should be few, if any. If you have a current SIM with a Verizon phone, it should work just fine once you pop into the Axon 7. The Axon uses a nano-SIM, so if your current phone takes a nano-SIM you'll be just fine, but if your current phone uses a micro-SIM you'll have to cut it down, or beg Verizon for a new SIM to activate your phone (they're a little more relaxed about that sort of thing, now - IF it's an official store, rather than a franchise). The other route to go is to get a SIM cutter on Amazon (about $7) and cut your micro-SIM to fit the nano-SIM slot.

As far as APN settings, those settings should only be tweaked if your phone doesn't work after inserting your SIM and restarting the phone. If it doesn't work the first time, take the SIM out, reset it into the slot, making sure it's snug, then reinsert and restart the phone. If it still doesn't work, follow the instructions on the link below to set your phone to the Verizon settings:

Verizon ZTE Axon 7 Internet and MMS APN Settings for United States - APN Settings USA

I just found out the new Nubia NX541J will be announced on the 28th! I wonder if they'll announce the A7 on the same day?! All my extremities are officially crossed!

• dasm1078dasm1078 OrlandoPosts: 157

I hope not ALL of them.

Settings? Probably not. There may be one or two minor issues with the APN settings, but like I said, it should work just fine if it detects your SIM.

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

I think he was referring to extremities

• Was that a reference to body parts? I have had a few screws loose and rattling in my head for some time now. Ya think a sim could fix it. Sorry just couldn't hold back. Sometimes we get lost in space with so...... much techy talk. He's not the first and certainly won't be the last. But I'm hoping we can all laugh at our errs. Enjoy the day all. I'm still trying to find a Phillips screwdriver.

LOL! Damn, I missed an opportunity!

Although, sometimes my settings are just as crossed as my extremities.  

Thank you so very much  this is even more helpful than I had hoped this is great. Thank you again!!!

I hope so , and most of my extremities are crossed also.

• rkprkp GaithersburgPosts: 280 ✭✭✭✭✭

hmm... am not sure i can cross 5000 points. but i feel this is the best place where i saw some good posts, pools and very good discussions etc. Nice people to have in group :-) :-)

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

aww thank you lol

You're welcome, ​! My current phone uses a microSIM, so I'll have to cut it down to make my brand new A7 work... if I can wait long enough to buy the A7. Time is not on the side of my current phone.

• realusrealus United StatesPosts: 23

Only found out about the Axon 7 (and this promotion) only recently. 

Somehow, I don't think I'll be making enough points in time to get a discount, oh well.  Quite a nice way to increase activity and reward supporters though!

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Welcome sailor to the illustrious ZTE community

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ Hello, and you never know, stranger things have happened. Stick around, and check things out!

Check out the beta labs forum, if you're interesting in beta testing.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As ​ has mentioned, this won't be the only thing they are promoting or giving away

• dragonmind7ontwitchdragonmind7ontwitch Ybor City FloridaPosts: 21

I hope they release the Axon 7 sometime this year soon, the OnePlus 3 is now available for purchase and would be a tempting substitute for the Axon 7. Some people can't wait for a new phone.

I'm right there with you! I'm not sure I can wait that much longer, but the OnePlus isn't an option for me. If I'm forced to buy a phone prior to the A7 launch, it'll be either the Nexus 6P, the Galaxy S7 Edge, or the Galaxy Note 5.

Very well said, I became a member because I love the zte7 and I'm going to buy one regardless if I get a coupon (yes the coupon would be nice) I joined because there's so many great people on here that I can learn from and it's just plan awesome that everyone is respectful of one an other.

I 100% agree.

I truly appreciate the greeting I received it made me fill like I made the right choice by becoming a member and to be part of a community of people who are respectful of others in today's world is hard to find  (sad but true) let's all hope we can be the voice of change and other communities will fallow by our example.

I hope I don't have to cut mine down because to be perfectly honest I'd probably mess it up , lolll. I may have to get back in touch with you "if that's ok" incase I need your help and wisdom, it's very much appreciated. I'll probably be more of a student on here rather than a teacher. Thanks so much.

We all learn, and teach on different levels, and topics daily. Your in the right place

Thank you ironbaybeedoll it really is enjoyable to learn and interact with people who clearly have knowledge and skill and are willing help others, it's truly refreshing.

Yes, I agree, and here in ZTE community, we are all here for the same reasons, so it makes it very easy to support one another.

Thank you for the info, may I ask has it been confirmed August 7th? I was so hoping for June.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

No one else ever mentioned anything about August 7th besides him. The phone is rumored to be released in mid-June to early July.