Weekly Roundup [June 10, 2016]

petershihpetershih ZTE FanaticUnited StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to our second weekly roundup on Z-Community! Now that you've seen a total of two weekly roundups, feel free to drop a comment if you'd like to see other contents in these posts. Without further ado, here are this past week's highlights:

Top Ten Topics

Capacitive Buttons - Vote Now!

As discussed in several forums topics already, there are some that must have dedicated capacitive buttons for back/home/windows and others that hate them. While this is not an official Consumer Lab research survey, we are curious nonetheless of our community's stance. If you haven't voted yet, please take a second to vote now. And even though this not being an official survey, you can count on us listening!

Where's the Mod Team today?

It's game 4 of the NBA finals in Cleveland, and several of our moderators are here to spread overall awareness of the new Axon 7 to would-be fans! Check out our live updates for photos and comments from the event!

Comments

• Now the only post that is missing is who won the Axon 7 devices! Hopefully that's today!!

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

2 Posts missing.  Who won and release date!

• Of course!

• reoreo North AmericaPosts: 167

Waiting

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

I really enjoy the weekly roundup. A spot to sum up what is trending, and just happening here is good. It seems difficult to sort through the site right now, and if I don't log in for a bit, I can easily miss a few good threads. I also think it would be a great spot maybe, to highlight a few upcoming things for the week ahead. Like perhaps a special blog coming, a review of a hot device, or even a new contest. A little sneak peek into what to look forward to "next week."

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Genius that's a great idea, what could we put for something coming up? hmmm what would be interesting that all of us in this community would love to see or hear about within the next few weeks or so....hmmmmm

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I would like too. I'd imagine the staff has been busy overviewing everything. Perhaps if the announcement isn't tonight or over the weekend, perhaps the staff could be waiting on it to announce Monday since that is the one-week point of the day after that contest ended. Plus, Monday seems to be a good day to announce great news, such as contest results, because of the stigma Monday has as the day a lot of people dread. What better to make an amazing announcement to cheer up peoples' week than on Monday, though the weekend is a good time too. It ought to be exciting even for those who don't win, as I personally believe that anyone who wins the contest if they happen to receive the Axon 7 in advance of sale launch, it would be the respectful thing to do by giving a q&a session among the community. For instance, if I were to win the Axon 7 and receive it in advance, I will make a blog or a post, whichever is preferred by the community here and will take questions from people about the device. I will answer every single question about it I receive here about the Axon 7, so long as its something that I can actually check out on it myself and the question is reasonable (no questions like "Arysyn, can you please go to Niagara Falls or the Grand Canyon, etc.to take photos with the camera", that sort of thing. However, as long as it is something reasonable and of course accessible to me, I'll check it out and answer questions here. Also, I'll take photos of the Axon 7 and put them here and I may take a video of it too, unless ZTE asks me not to do so out of confidentiality or something similar. I believe anyone who wins the Axon 7 ought to do this, or something like it for the community as a way of thanking this wonderful site for the support.  That is my opinion though and certainly everyone will have their own ideas and opinions of what to do and whatnot.

Great idea ​!! Just a hilarious response @jtzmax7!

I think the mods chose wise enough to realize the winners will provide more info than we can imagine.  I'm looking forward to it!

It ended up working great!  figured the announcement could have been at anytime between Friday and Monday. If it had been on Monday, it could have been one of those "Pick me up Monday" deals I hear about when a contest source decides to advertise on the basis of some stigma Monday has to it because Monday is the beginning of the work week. Part of my thinking was against this being the case though, since the Z-community can get busy no matter what day it is. Therefore, no real need to do that. Friday was the day I thought it might be for the past few days prior, for the simple fact that its Friday, a day more often celebrated. What better day than Friday? Yet, then the Cleveland event display was written about here in the blogs. I started thinking it may not happen if the Z-community staff are busy there. So then later on I was watching a movie with my mother. She had bought a few pints of orange dreamsicle ice cream for me at the local gourmet ice cream shop nearby to here, and I asked her to go to the kitchen to get one for me. I went to check the notifications, and noticed someone writing in a celebratory tone, though the reason for it wasn't written from what I could see of it in the notification display. I looked over at the timestamp, and figured perhaps this was it, and surely it was! Quite a surprise and brilliant decision by the staff to announce it this way!

Please visit Chicago, Z-Community staff!

No doubt you deserve it.  Congrats again my friend, and Kudos to ​ for thinking about making you aware.  You are one of the good ones Kimberly! I thought the whole event was well planned and executed by the mods and whoever else is involved behind the scenes. Say hi to your mom for all of us too

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw, that is so sweet of you ​! You are too kind!