iOS 10 allows user to uninstall stock apps

runtohell121runtohell121 AnalystUnited StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Although this is not really related to Android, iOS users finally able to uninstall stock apps! Instead of previously hiding all the useless apps in a folder, you can simply uninstall certain stock apps, though some might have affects on Control Center.

List of apps that can be uninstalled that came pre-installed on iOS:

• Calculator
  • Calendar
  • Compass
  • Contacts (iPhone only)
  • FaceTime
  • Find My Friends
  • Home
  • iBooks
  • iCloud Drive
  • iTunes Store
  • Mail
  • Maps
  • Music (means you can’t use it in CarPlay)
  • News (not yet, but in a later iOS 10 beta)
  • Notes
  • Podcasts
  • Reminders
  • Stocks
  • Tips
  • Videos
  • Voice Memos
  • Watch app
  • Weather

What do you all think about this? Should Android follow this? I know on Android you're allow to disable the app and it hides it away, but it doesn't really delete it to free up storage. I think this is a nice addition to iOS and maybe Android should add this also, allowing users to delete the app actually instead of just being able to hide it.

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

I definitely think android should follow. I think it should be up to the end user to decide what apps they want installed.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely Android should follow.  I want to be able to add...or delete...any app I want, without modding the device.  Is that so hard to do?

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a current iPhone user, I am extremely pleased with this new added feature as there are so many unneeded apps. As a soon to be android user, I would love if this were integrated into an update. It would free up some space as well as making your screen full of apps you use while ridding the ones you don't.

• Please,please follow suit. I hate apps that advertise themselves by being applied before you own the phone. Almost reminds me of when car dealerships put their logo on the fresh new paint of MY car. I can load my own thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping Google saw this and add it to Android N... since Android N is still in beta, things can still change Come on Google! Surprise us with giving us the feature of uninstalling some of the useless apps!

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,247 mod

Hopefully they are listening lol that would be a welcomed inclusion to Android N.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

It would be great if android followed...

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145
    Hey google did you see this?