8GB RAM!

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

leeco-le-2-pro-specifications.jpg

LeTV in pure speculation is said to be working on a new flagship phone with the latest Snapdragon 821 chipset and a huge 8GB RAM.
Starting last season when Asus launched the Zenfone 2 with 4GB RAM, now we have seen RAM increase across all Chinese smartphones.  This year Vivo, ZUK and OnePlus all have 6GB RAM phones.

LeTV is working on the LeMax 2 that will have a few new key features. Renders of the phone show that the device will be available in an option of either red, blue or silver. Previous LeTV/LeEco phones were only made in white or gold.

The speculated hardware of new LeMax 2 could be one of the first smartphones to launch with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chipset, and 8GB RAM!

The phone is also speculated to have a 25 mega-pixel camera on the rear just above a touch fingerprint scanner.

The pure speculation even gives us a possible price for the phone too, 3000 Yuan or $455.39 US. 

8GB RAM phone? will that make a difference? Performance?  How about 6GB RAM? Is it functioning well now?

give your thoughts.

LeTV_next_flagship_is_rumoured_to_have_SD821_and_8GB_RAM!!_-_Gizchina.com_-_2016-06-16_22.52.56.jpg

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Saw that rumor on Gizchina or Gizmochina... 8gb of ram is just too much in my opinion, even 6gb is too much... but for those spec people, I guess they would love the 8gb of ram...

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Haha, yeah.. I posted that earlier in the Rumor Mill sub-forum. Gimme all the RAM!

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah should be releasing soon from what I have been reading.  Looking like early fall in late September early October.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting..... 8gb of ram, but I wonder if it will take full advantage of all the memory or will it have poor memory management.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's what everyone is wondering with anything more than 4GB!

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Most likely poor memory management. The more RAM a company can throw into a phone, the poorer the software optimization might be since developers can be lazy and worry less about about memory usage... I sort of wish Android have a cap on the amount of RAM a phone can have.

• Seems like companies like to throw useless things into a phone to bait people into buying them. I can see people buying it just because it has a lot of ram and not even realizing it's not even needed.