[Contest] Searching for helpful Android Tips!

petershihpetershih ZTE FanaticUnited StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

In conjunction with last week's announcement of our new Community Ambassador Program, we are ready to launch our first "casting" of Community Technical Ambassadors! To help facilitate the vetting of our new technical leaders, we have designed a fun contest to get this party started. The overarching goal is to educate fellow community members on Android mobile tips that is valuable to you. Check it out...

When to Participate:

• Between now and end of day June 30, 2016

How to Participate:

• Submit one or more "how to" discussion under Community Forum with the title structure: "[Android Tips] Title of your topic"
    • Sample title: [Android Tips] Taking low-light pictures on your phone
    • Please reply to this post with a link to your submission for easier discovery of your Android Tips
  • Create and tag your post using one of the following topic categories:
    • System performance, Camera, Audio, Bluetooth, Cell signal, Battery, Accessibility, Software updates, Security, Rooting
  • Keep your material as clear and concise as possible, leveraging pictures and/or videos if they add clarity to your instructions

Rules & Prizes

• No plagiarism is permitted for this contest or anywhere else on Z-Community
  • Any registered Z-Community member can participate, no matter your location
  • Duplicate topic entries are allowed, but we will take quality of content and order of submission into consideration
  • Up to 20 finalists will be selected by your Z-Community Mod Team, based on quality of topics submitted by participants
  • Up to 5 finalists will be selected by your Z-Community Mod Team to become our first Community Technical Ambassadors (CTA)
  • The number of community "likes" and "helpfuls" will be used in the selection process, but won't necessarily be the most important factor
  • Each finalist will receive a $25 Amazon gift card, and each CTA will receive an additional $100 Amazon gift card

The spirit behind this contest is to enable our community to maximize their mobile experience. If you're already an expert, we anticipate your mobile wisdom. If you're not yet an expert, think about the problems you face, find a suitable solution, and finally post an entry. Most importantly, we look forward to learning a few great tips and raising the mobile IQ for everyone on Z-Community!

Comments

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Good luck to everyone!

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To help aggregate submissions, please reply with a link to your submitted Android Tips! Happy learning!

• How do you get the link to a post you already submitted?

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my first submission. Thinking of what other topics I should post

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

Sounds like a nice contest. I'm not applying for this one though because despite my being knowledgeable of technology, I'm not nearly as interested in smartphone technology as it is (meaning my focus is on making improvements and advancing technology, rather than working on how it is now, despite my interest in reviewing technology still stands with beta testing as that involves improvements.) So, I'm focused on beta testing, forum ambassador, and hopefully helping ZTE with accessibility issues and projects.

• How did you link your post to your reply?

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I found this topic that you posted earlier:

An easy way to find posts that you previously created is: Avatar > Your Content. From there you can sort by "date created - newest first" or another option.

Hope that helps!

• Thank you!

• davedave Ingolstadt, GermanyPosts: 84

I have created this little tip here:

Maybe someone didn't know about it yet and is happy to find that out

Just copy and paste the link.

I'll post it for you.

​ entry:

Here's my other entry, simple, but might be useful knowledge to some

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just did mine (more in the area of advanced smartphone photography).

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I hope you get chosen for this, razor512.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,248 mod

Great tutorial!! I almost didn't even have to click on it and watch it, I knew it would be great and full of terrific information already

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Let's save that Battery to make it last all day!

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,580 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good Luck Everyone

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

Good Luck to everyone

• bowler0001@gmail.com[email protected] Silverhill, ALPosts: 1

Thank you, it helped with load speed. Now I need to figure out why the memory keeps running low. Any ideas?

• keshijikeshiji ChilePosts: 68

I was wondering, may I create more than one topic?

:0

Yes... Read the post

How to Participate:Submit one or more "how to" discussion under...
  • keshijikeshiji ChilePosts: 68

Wasn't clear enough with my question xD but ty!!

I was actually wondering what could happen if me or someone else ends up making two great posts?

I was wondering, are we 100% limited to just the listed tags from the original post?

System performance, Camera, Audio, Bluetooth, Cell signal, Battery, Accessibility, Software updates, Security, Rooting

I was wondering about what if we wanted to do an android tip which did not fit perfectly in the listed categories? For example, content related to the convenience of the device.In my case, I was wondering if providing a basic intro to the NFC function would be acceptable.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,383 admin

​ Go for it!  Just make sure it is something a normal/regular device user would understand.

Thanks, I wanted to do a guide on some other NFC uses, especially since many people commonly see it as just a tool for contactless payments, but there is a whole world of other uses for it, with many basic things being possible without root access.

The first part is just basic use of a writable NFC tag, as well as a recommended app for programming them, and the second part is simply an example of what could be done with one, though the user is encouraged to find creative uses for them.

Here's another submission, this time about microSD cards, but more of an informative post.

• lee18lee18 United StatesPosts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck everyone!

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,248 mod

I noticed another submission for battery improvements but as it is a highly discussed topic and important to me as well I thought I would add my thoughts on it.  

• micahdubosemicahdubose Rock Hill SCPosts: 133

Here's my post: